Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just bought a 2019 Armada, used. During the test drive, like anyone would, just ran through and checked all the things to see if they worked - radio turned on, sounded fine, and then I turned it back off to listen to the motor and for rattles or whatever else.

Granted we are still basically in Covid lockdown, don't really drive a whole lot...have had the car for a couple weeks and only really driven it maybe 5 times. But we've noticed that the radio does something weird...

Generally it's fine. But you'll be driving along and then it sounds like the balance or the fade "floats" around for a bit...and then goes back to normal. I've realized that this happens in conjunction with the radio station info and/or song info appearing on the screen (I generally drive around with the Map up). 100% correlation between the station info and the audio weirdness - never happens without it, never see station info without the audio weirdness.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? If there's something weird with the radio in this car...I don't guess there's any way to replace it with anything aftermarket. I'm sure the whole shebang there is crazy expensive from Nissan.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The station switches from HD quality to standard quality. Happens to me depending on where I drive. The HD emblem will also pop up and go away accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts