Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Armada windshield.
Windshield near replacement due to many rock chips. Getting quotes to replace, I was informed there is an additional charge, to realign the electronics attached to the windshield. Approximate cost $350.00. Has anyone experienced this procedure, is it necessary.

Input appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
driver assist camera and associated electronics will have to be reinstalled so some alignment with the system is in order. not sure on the cost but i would suspect there would be some cost to do it.
perhaps get a second opinion from a second glass company, or dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 Armada windshield.
Windshield near replacement due to many rock chips. Getting quotes to replace, I was informed there is an additional charge, to realign the electronics attached to the windshield. Approximate cost $350.00. Has anyone experienced this procedure, is it necessary.

Input appreciated.
Are you using insurance? I’d think it should all be covered if you were ... otherwise as said before, with the cameras, sensors, et al.

I had a windshield replaced on a Land Rover with all the finery. Be careful - aftermarket windshields might not work “just right”with that cool stuff (per insurance - at the time only Mazda and Volvo required “factory” WS). The WS that was installed was even from the same manufacturer as the factory L-R one - but the forward collision camera stopped working.Took it to the dealer and after two weeks and multiple camera replacements It still didn’t work. (The dealer threatened to charge for rental cars and time but neglected to pay attention when I said,”The windshield was just replaced.” In fact, the dealer said that the cameras should realign themselves after replacement b/c I specifically asked them and insurance about realignment. )

We had the glass company put on a factory WS - no issues, no alignment.

I know it doesn’t help much for a Nissan- but just be careful with aftermarket!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts