Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I just recently purchased a used 2019 Nissan Armada with 47K miles on it. About a month ago I was having issues getting it to start up. I was needing to jump it.. so i replaced the battery. Two days ago the same issue happened again. The car wouldnt start unless i jumped it with my other car. I took it over to AutoZone.. they tested the battery and it had plenty charge.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.. and what the problems might be if its not the battery.

Im assuming its not my alternator either.. bc when it is running.. i disconnected the battery briefly and the car still ran.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
welcome.

please smoke over this thread as your issue may be the result of how nissan have their charging system setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I just recently purchased a used 2019 Nissan Armada with 47K miles on it. About a month ago I was having issues getting it to start up. I was needing to jump it.. so i replaced the battery. Two days ago the same issue happened again. The car wouldnt start unless i jumped it with my other car. I took it over to AutoZone.. they tested the battery and it had plenty charge.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.. and what the problems might be if its not the battery.

Im assuming its not my alternator either.. bc when it is running.. i disconnected the battery briefly and the car still ran.

Thanks for the advice.
Apparently it does not happen very frequently...since nobody else has chimed in.
I purchased an '18 Armada with only 20k miles in April. It looked like new in every way, the service manager at the local Nissan dealer where I purchased it knew the po. Two days after I bought it it also would not start, battery dead, so jumped it and headed for the dealer, they kept it for 2 days reprogrammed the computer and replaced the battery (the po had recently had a dead battery and put a non-Nissan battery in it). To make the story short, that did NOT fix the problem, took it back a few days later, battery dead, they could not find any problem, just put it on a slow overnight charge. Pick it up and the next day it was dead, again. Took it back to the dealer, they ran every diagnostic they could find, but the only thing wrong was the battery was bad, so they replaced it.
That was 2 weeks to find a bad battery at a dealer Huh?
Now over two months later, the vehicle is working great, somehow I don't think I got the whole story from Nissan!
After 2 batteries with the po, and 3 batteries(all within a month) it is now normal, just doesn't sound right to me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings

There are a number of posts on this same subject within this community. This is a know issue with many Armada's and it can be fixed. Please take a look at the information posted in "2019 armada, very bad experience" including how this was fixed on my 2019 Armada SV AWD based on suggestions I found on this board.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts