Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am having a random issue with my armada.. it has only happened twice in 2 weeks..
The car was put into park on the road for a quick 1 minute stop then I tried to put into drive again but it wouldn't let me,
the stick was stuck in park, even though the engine was running I had to turn off the car and then on and it worked, I could put it in D again.

Today I unlocked the car and got inside then tried to press start button but the car wouldn't turn ON, I had to try about 6 different times and then it turned ON.

The battery is fully charged, oil change was done a month ago and the car runs great...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what should I do?

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Sounds like a failing brake sensor switch. There are a bunch of threads on this already. Have you done a search to see what others have been experiencing?

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a new (Nissan 25300-3RA0A Brake Light Switch) but that did not solve the issue..

today I dropped off my kid at school and left the car ON for a couple of minutes but when I came back it wouldn't let me put it in drive gear so I had to turn it off..

what else do you guys think it could be?

·
Registered
32 Posts
1. Most common Nissan ...brake switch...done👍
2.Good Clean Battery check it ..terminals etc
3. The car seems to recognize the key fob👍
4. Nissan issue: notice the wire that runs from the solenoid to the starter
Check if it is tight, Nissans it comes loose. Tighten it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts