Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue where my VID is excessively dim(no, not the dimmer switch as everything else is bright). You cannot see it at all at night unless you put a light or flashlight on it. I am posting a pic with and without flashlight to see if anyone has seen this before and what I might do to fix it! Thanks in advance!
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Tachometer Gauge
Car Vehicle Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks to be faulty. nothing to do other than replace it.
I found on another forum where Maxima's were experiencing a similar problem and people were fixing it by reseating the ribbon cable. I am willing to go that route to see if it works, but I am not sure how to take it apart. I will keep looking in hopes of finding a doc or manual that will help with that part.

·
Administrator
6,679 Posts
I found on another forum where Maxima's were experiencing a similar problem and people were fixing it by reseating the ribbon cable. I am willing to go that route to see if it works, but I am not sure how to take it apart. I will keep looking in hopes of finding a doc or manual that will help with that part.
this is not the same dash as a maxima. these displays are not user serviceable.

that said, it could be a ribbon cable reseating issue as you suggest. report back to us if that solved it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts