Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 SL with 54k miles on it, other than the low voltage starting issue it's been a solid vehicle.... until recently....

I've noticed that the driver's seat has developed a rocking or shifting feature when accelerating and braking. This is usually accompanied by a thumping sound that almost seems like one of my kids is kicking the back of the chair. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix? With only the powertrain warranty left I'd rather not take it to a dealer if it's something loose or if it can be fixed easily.

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
sounds like a physical issue with the seat motor or bracketry. move the seat forward all the way and back all the way--maybe theres some debris on the track or something thats come undone.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
My driver's seat did this pretty much from new. I took it in under warranty and they replaced the track. They said there was a plastic bearing of some kind in there that wears out and causes it to rock. Had that done at about 30,000 miles and I'm at about 65,000 now and it's starting to rock again. I'll likely pull the track and see if I can replace it with something metal and grease the crap out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts