Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive successfully been able to transfer movies/TV shows to a USB drive, get them to play via the USB input and either via speakers or headphones. What I CANT do is get the same video to play on each rear screen at the same time. The only option I have is to play 2 different videos,(sound via headphones or 1 source via speakers), but I cant seem to figure out how to take one video playing on 1 screen and make it play on the other. It would be nice to play 1 movie on both screens and have the same sound come out. I can play the same video on each screen when selecting the same move on the other screen as an option but its seperate not the same(ie going into the menu and selecting which file to play, since each screen has its own menu). I would have thought playing the same source on both screens would be easier, but Im at a loss. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive successfully been able to transfer movies/TV shows to a USB drive, get them to play via the USB input and either via speakers or headphones. What I CANT do is get the same video to play on each rear screen at the same time. The only option I have is to play 2 different videos,(sound via headphones or 1 source via speakers), but I cant seem to figure out how to take one video playing on 1 screen and make it play on the other. It would be nice to play 1 movie on both screens and have the same sound come out. I can play the same video on each screen when selecting the same move on the other screen as an option but its seperate not the same(ie going into the menu and selecting which file to play, since each screen has its own menu). I would have thought playing the same source on both screens would be easier, but Im at a loss. Thanks for the help!
You have to go to the right screen and choose what source you want. Then go to the left screen and choose same source.

·
Administrator
6,471 Posts
hi,

im a little confused from your description. you say this:

What I CANT do is get the same video to play on each rear screen at the same time.

but then you say this:

I can play the same video on each screen when selecting the same move on the other screen as an option but its seperate not the same
can you explain what i highlighted in bold

so you can play the same movie on both screens if you select it from one screen?
sounds like that is the limitations of the system..?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought the same thing the other day. But from the main screen on dash choose the source you would like to use to play your video on your right screen first then choose the same source for your left screen. I have a fire stick hooked up to my rear screens. 1 stick will play same show on both screens. But you have to choose the same source on each screen separately. This is only because they made it so you can watch a movie on one screen if you like and play a game on the other if you like. Or watch the same thing on both. Let me know if this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi,

im a little confused from your description. you say this:

but then you say this:

can you explain what i highlighted in bold

so you can play the same movie on both screens if you select it from one screen?
sounds like that is the limitations of the system..?

SOrry to confuse this, what I meant was I can on the 2nd screen go into the USB device and select a movie/TV file and play it on the 2nd screen. The only way I can get the "same" to play at the same time is to select that same file from USB device on the 2nd screen, but its a new play, so not a mirror of the 1st screen and what its playing

I thought the same thing the other day. But from the main screen on dash choose the source you would like to use to play your video on your right screen first then choose the same source for your left screen. I have a fire stick hooked up to my rear screens. 1 stick will play same show on both screens. But you have to choose the same source on each screen separately. This is only because they made it so you can watch a movie on one screen if you like and play a game on the other if you like. Or watch the same thing on both. Let me know if this helps
Ive tried this as well from the main seat to select source on each screen and select USB. What ends up happening is the last played file starts playing on video 1, and video 2 the last played file ends up playing there then too. so each screen just plays the last USB selected file. Only idea now is to remove the USB drive, reinsert the drive, start with a "fresh" play on USB screen 1, and then turn on screen 2 and see if it will start playing it this way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts