Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some info on my introduction thread “wife’s Christmas present”. 2020 Armada wife’s Christmas present

Picked the wife up a Armada 2020 SL AWD in Gunmetal (black leather interior) for Christmas. We’re not fans of chrome, so we only had it a few days before dropping off for paint.
Today we picked it back up, and it was super clean. Very happy.
What was done:
*20% Tint on driver/passenger windows
*Chrome trim around windows vinyl’d black gloss to match rest of window trim.
*Chrome door handles painted gunmetal
*Chrome mirror caps painted gunmetal
*Front grill painted gunmetal
*Front emblem painted gunmetal
*Side “vents” painted gunmetal but lightly sprayed in center to remain darker
*V8 emblems removed
*Armada emblem removed
*SL emblem removed
*Rear emblem painted gunmetal
*Rear hatch door chrome trim panel painted gunmetal

Before:

After picking up today:

Pulled it in the garage tonight to adjust the rear air suspension. The front was 36” center of front fender to the ground, and rear was 35”.
I wanted to see how much adjustment you could get out of the stock air adjustment arm, and it looks like I went from 35” rear to 36 1/4.
Before adjustment

After adjustment:

max adjustment length center cup to center cup on the rear air adjustment.

Don’t forget to pop the top tabs before trying to pull off. An older Armada YouTube video didn’t mention that.

Here are the spacer lifts I ordered. I ordered a 2” front lift, and received a 3”. And ordered a 2.5” front lift, which I’m guessing will give about 2.3-2.4”. I’m sending the 3” back. Info is in pics.
I also ordered the rear spacers, a 1” rear and then a 1.5” rear. Not sure which ones I’m going to use yet. I’ll have to do some experimenting.
Also ordered the front sway bar extended links. Pic of the link next to the factory ones.
(sorry mods about posting another post - I’m not tying to “up” my post count LMAO).....trying to do this from my phone, and typing in between 12 pictures on my phone is nearly impossible.
Rear spacer supposed to give 1” lift next to part#.

Rear spacer supposed to give 1.5” next to part number

Front spacers, “supposedly” 2” on left, and 2.5” on right. But the left is bigger than the right, as per

Also installed some LED fogs tonight. Can’t do factory halogens. Surprisingly the factory fog housings point relatively low and out. They aren’t illegally blinding. We live out in the country and I’d rather spread as much bright LED light across the roads for my wife as possible. We do get some fog, but she doesn’t drive in it, so yellow isn’t required.
Factory halogen fog left, H11 led right - plug and play, 5 min install.

factory fog on garage door

new h11 hid

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to post. I am interested in the LED fog....I'll look into this for sure for my 2019 Platinum (white)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, the spacers in the rear didn’t work.
Installed them today, adjusted the air leveler, and the ride was just too harsh. Didn’t install the front because I don’t know how to lift the rear. This sucks.
Pulled them back out.

615DE25A-461F-4F26-BC61-F41BAE49B618.jpeg
Updated pics after Yokohama Geolander G003 MT’s (305/55/20) measure 33.7”x12.5” and Black Rhino 20” wheels.

Discount Tires forgot to order my black lug nuts, so the chrome ones will be swapped out soon.

Just slapped some Thule bars on the roof, even more badass. Pics soon :)
DD883B33-E350-4095-BD1B-9104C9B6C710.jpeg

Found the Thule Evo bases for $112 WITH locks on Amazon Australia, which is $150 cheaper than normal. Bars are $200

Updating all non-led’s, with led’s. Makes the rig actually feel like a 2020 vs a 2010.
Here’s some info

Interior - 2nd row, plastic covers pop out easy. Look for the indent tabs, use a plastic tool to pry open. I use a small flathead, but don’t recommend it. They’ll scratch things if you aren’t careful.

Bulb info

Also did the high-beams. What kind of MFG does LED driving lights, headlights, and not the high beams? This is like mandatory. Incredibly bright. They are the same as I used for the Fogs.
Don’t have a pic of actual beams on high, but these are the bulbs.

Next up, reverse lights! Factory was Dim as hell! And halogen. Definitely need bright LED’s for reverse. And these did the trick.
Bulb removal was incredibly easy. Pop hatch, pop the covers on each side of the hatch where the tail lights are, twist out bulb housing, replace halogen with led and reinstall. 5 min tops.
The bulbs

License plate lights, need to be led. You use the same ones as interior. Much better.

Rear cargo hatch, this one was tricky. If you pop the clear cover off, the switch falls out. You end up having to pop the entire switch and bulb housing out. I couldn’t find anything about this on line. See pics, and you’ll understand. Use a few plastic pry tools or a few flatheads, very carefully.
bulb info is in pic.

Driver/passenger door lights, are same as other interior bulbs. The plastic covers pop right off.

Installed a Magnaflow 12289 muffler. This is definitely on the quieter side, which I wanted. Definitely brings out the V8 growl. Very subtle but still noticeable. I’d consider it classy. If you’re looking for something that really gets attention and is obnoxious, this is not for you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
@TundraOnKings when you adjusted the rear height did you notice that the rear camber is off? I bumped mine up this weekend by lengthening the sensor arm. But now from the rear it looks like I have positive camber going on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@TundraOnKings when you adjusted the rear height did you notice that the rear camber is off? I bumped mine up this weekend by lengthening the sensor arm. But now from the rear it looks like I have positive camber going on.
@OBXPatrol - Right now I'm only 1/2"-3/4" higher than stock height without any noticeable + camber. My front fender measures the same exact height as my rear fender. Are you now higher in the rear than in the front? If so, might want to drop it back down a tad.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Exact same height front and rear. I'm due for tires here within the next 2k miles or so. At that time I'll have it 4 wheel aligned.

It could just be the way the body lines are when viewed from the rear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exact same height front and rear. I'm due for tires here within the next 2k miles or so. At that time I'll have it 4 wheel aligned.

It could just be the way the body lines are when viewed from the rear.
Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. I should probably check mine as well.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
18 Posts
Hi, wondering if you have a link or something of the like to the instructions on how to replace the factory high beams with LED's.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, wondering if you have a link or something of the like to the instructions on how to replace the factory high beams with LED's.

Thank you very much
I don’t, but it’s extremely simple. They are the main connector to the headlights when you pop the hood and look at the back of the headlight. You just twist the connector, pull out bulb assembly, put new bulb in and reinsert. If I remember correctly, the plug to the bulb is in the 6 o-clock position, you rotate to the 3 o-clock position, pull out, unplug - plug in new bulb, insert in at 3 o-clock and twist to 6 o-clock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thanks!
Yep! The LED high-beams is a huge difference. We live out in the country with no street lights and rolling hills, so we use our brights every evening/morning.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
18 Posts
Yep! The LED high-beams is a huge difference. We live out in the country with no street lights and rolling hills, so we use our brights every evening/morning.
Yeah I feel you. I start really early in the morning and winter is really long where I am, so the more light the better.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada SV rwd
4 Posts
Can the air level adjustment be done without taking off and does it ride nice maxed out? Also have you decided what your going to lift the rear with yet?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can the air level adjustment be done without taking off and does it ride nice maxed out? Also have you decided what your going to lift the rear with yet?
The air level adjustment is just a simple piece of threaded metal with a few ball cups on the end, and nuts to keep the ball cups in place.
With a flathead screw driver you can adjust in a few minutes. I guess you don’t have to pop it off, but it would probably take a lot longer. I’ll upload a video here in a minute.
With the rear adjusted all the way up, the ride was noticeably stiffer in the rear.
I ended up doing 34” tires (stock height, but leveled rear) vs 35” tires because I wasn’t happy with the ride quality after installing the rear spacers. I removed them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The air level adjustment is just a simple piece of threaded metal with a few ball cups on the end, and nuts to keep the ball cups in place.
With a flathead screw driver you can adjust in a few minutes. I guess you don’t have to pop it off, but it would probably take a lot longer. I’ll upload a video here in a minute.
With the rear adjusted all the way up, the ride was noticeably stiffer in the rear.
I ended up doing 34” tires (stock height, but leveled rear) vs 35” tires because I wasn’t happy with the ride quality after installing the rear spacers. I removed them.
Got it. looks nice leveled. Thanks a video would be great.
Ive been talking to Greg at PRG Products. cool guy. They have a complete suspension lift that uses Bilstein 5100 adjustable fronts and a billet rear spacer. He said it works perfectly and wont degrade the ride.
I ordered a set of 275/65/20 Nexen roadian mtx tires that measure 34.3" x 11". im hoping it can clear fine untill my suspension comes in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it. looks nice leveled. Thanks a video would be great.
Ive been talking to Greg at PRG Products. cool guy. They have a complete suspension lift that uses Bilstein 5100 adjustable fronts and a billet rear spacer. He said it works perfectly and wont degrade the ride.
I ordered a set of 275/65/20 Nexen roadian mtx tires that measure 34.3" x 11". im hoping it can clear fine untill my suspension comes in.
Just did the video:
Adjusting rear armada height

Yeah, I chatted with Greg for a good 30 minutes, nice guy and seems to be very knowledgeable in the Nissan world. He mentioned the spacers wouldn’t change my ride as well, but my wife would’ve noticed. I drive a lifted Tundra and have driven lifted trucks my entire life, so I wouldn’t have normally cared - but this is her rig and it’s just so soft and plush as it sits.
Keep me posted on how the lift goes.
Also keep me posted on your thoughts after adjusting the rear height. What is the offset on the wheels you’re putting the Nexen’s on? I don’t have plenty of room, but I think I could’ve gone 1/2” bigger and still cleared.
Your 11” width should help ya.
Worst case scenario heat gun the inner wheel well liner and try adjust with a rubber mallet LOL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just did the video:
Adjusting rear armada height

Yeah, I chatted with Greg for a good 30 minutes, nice guy and seems to be very knowledgeable in the Nissan world. He mentioned the spacers wouldn’t change my ride as well, but my wife would’ve noticed. I drive a lifted Tundra and have driven lifted trucks my entire life, so I wouldn’t have normally cared - but this is her rig and it’s just so soft and plush as it sits.
Keep me posted on how the lift goes.
Also keep me posted on your thoughts after adjusting the rear height. What is the offset on the wheels you’re putting the Nexen’s on? I don’t have plenty of room, but I think I could’ve gone 1/2” bigger and still cleared.
Your 11” width should help ya.
Worst case scenario heat gun the inner wheel well liner and try adjust with a rubber mallet LOL.
Yeah Greg is pretty cool. I agree that the armada ride really really nice, very plush and comfortable. I have a 01 sequoia with 2" level and compared to the armada it rides like crap lol.
The wheels are Fuel Diesel 20x9+1. I'll forsure keep that heat gun and rubber mallet near by lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts