Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is NOT normal... If still under warranty get it replaced.
True, not normal. We rented a new Infinity a few weeks ago up in TN. This happened one night on that vehicle as well. Luckily, because I had read a post here, all I did was hold the power button down and the entire system was reset / rebooted. Now, I have not had to do this in my Armada but, it worked in the Infinity all-the-same. I assume that it's just a glitch, like all computers are prone to do. Before I took it back to the dealership, I'd try this to reset/reboot the system. As far as I can tell, this does not change any of the user preferences, just reboots the infotainment system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
True, not normal. We rented a new Infinity a few weeks ago up in TN. This happened one night on that vehicle as well. Luckily, because I had read a post here, all I did was hold the power button down and the entire system was reset / rebooted. Now, I have not had to do this in my Armada but, it worked in the Infinity all-the-same. I assume that it's just a glitch, like all computers are prone to do. Before I took it back to the dealership, I'd try this to reset/reboot the system. As far as I can tell, this does not change any of the user preferences, just reboots the infotainment system.
Thanks for the info. When do you hold down the power button to reboot it and for how long? I'll give that a try before I take it up to the dealership.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. When do you hold down the power button to reboot it and for how long? I'll give that a try before I take it up to the dealership.
You can do it any time, and probably hold it down for 10 seconds or so.

Reactions: toname

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jumping in on this conversation. Yes, hold it down for 10-15 seconds and it will go black and reboot. I have to do this all the time. I've made a couple posts on this issue regarding the Infotainment system for the 2021 Armada. Nissan should be embarrassed on this release. You'll likely waste your time at the Dealership. They'll tell you it's because of your bluetooth connected phones and to wait for the release. I love this truck, otherwise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jumping in on this conversation. Yes, hold it down for 10-15 seconds and it will go black and reboot. I have to do this all the time. I've made a couple posts on this issue regarding the Infotainment system for the 2021 Armada. Nissan should be embarrassed on this release. You'll likely waste your time at the Dealership. They'll tell you it's because of your bluetooth connected phones and to wait for the release. I love this truck, otherwise.
No issues on my ‘21 yet (knock on wood)…

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my Armada in July and today the radio stopped working. No FM, no AM, no XM, no Bluetooth. The audio screen doesn't even come up when I try to press the audio button either on the screen or on the console. Very frustrating

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought my Armada in July and today the radio stopped working. No FM, no AM, no XM, no Bluetooth. The audio screen doesn't even come up when I try to press the audio button either on the screen or on the console. Very frustrating
It can be glitchy for-sure. Sometimes my wireless carplay does not connect or, it disconnects when I'm actually using the nav or conf. call, etc...equally frustrating. You can do a hard reset and it restarts the unit but keeps all the settings. You just hold down the power / volume knob for (maybe) 8-10 seconds and the system will reboot. Not sure if that will help you or not. I bet if you take it to the dealer they will struggle to "recreate" the challenges you're seeing...that's usually how it happens for me.

Reactions: toname

·
Registered
2 Posts
It can be glitchy for-sure. Sometimes my wireless carplay does not connect or, it disconnects when I'm actually using the nav or conf. call, etc...equally frustrating. You can do a hard reset and it restarts the unit but keeps all the settings. You just hold down the power / volume knob for (maybe) 8-10 seconds and the system will reboot. Not sure if that will help you or not. I bet if you take it to the dealer they will struggle to "recreate" the challenges you're seeing...that's usually how it happens for me.
Thanks!!! The reset thing worked. Good to know for the future. Still ridiculous that you even have to do that for the price of the vehicle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!!! The reset thing worked. Good to know for the future. Still ridiculous that you even have to do that for the price of the vehicle.
I know, you’re right. And I’ve said it before, the price is irrelevant, the product should work. Maybe an OTA update is coming soon. It’s pretty new tech, not cutting edge but new enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Major issues with my 2021 Armada also. Infotainment system screen goes blank and resets from time to time. Sometimes as much as 10x/hr making the system unusable. Dealer has not been too helpful. There was a SW release they upgraded to, but the gremlins are still there. Seems to happen with/without iPhones connected (hardwire or wifi). I have provide video examples of the symptoms, but dealer is wanting a log of the incidents with date/time/indoor-outdoor temps, etc. Not sure if this is SW or HW related (or both). Some of the resets are back to factory default (I loose all address book entries, home address, date/time, etc). Clearly this was not ready for prime time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts