Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a beautiful 21 Armada 2 months ago and my truck has been siting at the dealer because the center display on top of the new dash keeps cutting out. Nissan cant figure out what is causing this annoying problem. Has anyone experienced this problem. This is 7th Nissan vehicle we have owned and we never had any issues. We traded in our 2011 Armada platinum that we loved and cherished for the 2021. Please help, getting no where with Nissan....
I purchased my 2021 Armada SV about 2 months ago as well and have experienced every issue listed here with the Infotainment system - everything from the freezing to the Apple Carplay interfering with the other features to the touchscreen and/or the control knob and buttons not working. The wireless charger also overheated my iphone and I got a loud warning from it as I was driving on the highway! I was lucky it didn't completely fry it! And it completely reboots itself without any warning. It did it about 8 times in a row once. I took it back to the dealer roughly 3 weeks after I purchased it and they said that there was a short in the main wiring harness. However, it was on world backorder! So I waited until they called me about a week ago when they finally had it. They replaced it and it seemed fine but 3 days ago it rebooted itself out of the blue again! So, I've just dropped it off with them again today! I did a Google search to see if other owners were having the same issues and ran across this forum.

we are having the same issues with both of our '21 Armadas.
Same here

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had similar experiences with my screen as well. I took the vehicle into the dealer today and I was told that Nissan is aware of this issue and is working on updates. I have not done a ton of regressive testing but so far, have seen all sorts of issues when I am using my iPhone 12proMax in CarPlay mode, the most obnoxious being a frozen or blank map screen.

Looking to see if anyone has had this issue as well. Had the car only a week and twice the left portion of the screen go black. The radio portion stays on and you can see if but nothing on the left side. If I hit the Menu button, it pops up and you can see everything. But once you select an option it goes back to black. When you put it in park it will turn back on. Guessing it needs to be replaced but not sure.

Thank you!
I have had the same problem with my unit. At this point, I have only taken pictures of the glitch but have not been able to identify the steps to duplicate it in front of the dealer. At some time, the audio output also ceases.

I have had the same problem with my unit. At this point, I have only taken pictures of the glitch but have not been able to identify the steps to duplicate it in front of the dealer. At some time, the audio output also ceases.

the picture above is the most obnoxious of the problems....when 1/2 of the screen goes blank. Calling Nissan tomorrow once I have the exact Case-ID that the dealer filed with Nissan tech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To follow up, we have not had the issue happen in a while at this point. I did what some said was a restart by holding the power button down. Not sure if that helped or it worked itself out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow!

I purchased my 2021 Armada SV about 2 months ago as well and have experienced every issue listed here with the Infotainment system - everything from the freezing to the Apple Carplay interfering with the other features to the touchscreen and/or the control knob and buttons not working. The wireless charger also overheated my iphone and I got a loud warning from it as I was driving on the highway! I was lucky it didn't completely fry it! And it completely reboots itself without any warning. It did it about 8 times in a row once. I took it back to the dealer roughly 3 weeks after I purchased it and they said that there was a short in the main wiring harness. However, it was on world backorder! So I waited until they called me about a week ago when they finally had it. They replaced it and it seemed fine but 3 days ago it rebooted itself out of the blue again! So, I've just dropped it off with them again today! I did a Google search to see if other owners were having the same issues and ran across this forum.

Same here
Follow-up on my vehicle. The dealer kept it for a day and called me this morning to say that they're going to replace the entire infotainment center! They have it on order but not sure when it'll come in. So, I'll drive it as is until they call me to install the new unit.

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
could be that many of these have some physical internal issues that can only be resolved by a physical swap. this may end up being a TSB for other affected vehicles...

·
Registered
3 Posts
could be that many of these have some physical internal issues that can only be resolved by a physical swap. this may end up being a TSB for other affected vehicles...
I agree. I feel lucky that my dealer is going to this length to correct the issues. Sounds like a lot of others around the country are doing as little as possible, hoping owners get past the warranty period or just give up.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
179 Posts
I agree. I feel lucky that my dealer is going to this length to correct the issues. Sounds like a lot of others around the country are doing as little as possible, hoping owners get past the warranty period or just give up.
Good on your dealership for making this effort! I bet that's an expensive warranty claim!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The infotainment system in my 2021 Armada is extremely glitchy. The volume control will get stuck on navigation voice volume and will not allow me to change the volume on the radio or the volume of a caller on Bluetooth. In addition, the direct tune knob does not scroll through station on satellite radio. Lastly, periodically the system randomly shuts down and reboots all by itself while I am driving.

When the volume control gets stuck on Navigation voice volume I have to hold down the on/off button for 15 seconds to do a hard reboot to get the ability to adjust the radio volume again.

I took it into the dealer and they told me that these glitches are because the cellphones I have paired to the radio have operating system versions higher than what the radio can handle. They said I need to be patient and these bugs will work themselves out via future system updates.

Hard to believe that a vehicle at this price has such nuisances in its performance. Anyone with the same experience? Is the Dealer Service Center feeding me a line?
I have a 2021 and also have issues. Shuts off and reboots, wifi settings reset, no sound at times. Definitely some major issues in my opinion and I will be taking it in for service soon. I have an Android S20 so not old or super new. Also get a low oil pressure notification via Nissan connect which I believe is a known issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve read all the reviews about people having issues with the 2021 Armada. I’m also experiencing issues with my radio, screen freezing at times, but the thing that bugs me the most is the TVs in the back don’t work properly which is one of the main reasons I bought the platinum. Right now Nissan service says it’s not fixable but corporate is “working” on it.
anyone have luck calling corporate and complaining and getting money back or anything? I’m pretty annoyed I was sold the car and no one told me these things would not be working properly. I would have waited for a 2022 or bought a sequoia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 21 Armada Platinum in March 21 and have had issues with the infotainment system pretty much from the beginning. I am very upset and about to lose my mind with Nissan over their inability to correct the issues. My screen glitches causing the words/numbers to be pixelated, the knobs on the main dash as well as on the center console to not control the system, the Apple CarPlay does not work at all anymore, the system reboots whenever the heck it wants to; including while I am backing up which causes the screen to go black and no way to view the backup cameras which is a huge safety issue, among other things. I contacted the dealership and took it in to check for an update, which it did not have one. The dealership then contacted Nissan and was told they would order a new radio system (even after I told them it was a computer problem and not just the radio) and it was in the shop for a week. Once the new radio came in about 3 months later they had me bring it back and after they put the new one it they said the new one had no volume at all and they decided to immediately put the old one back in and said Nissan advised them that they knew there was a bigger issue and they were working on a fix. I know have almost 10,000 mikes on a car that I paid $70,000 for that I find useless. I traded in a 2017 Armada platinum that was paid off only because I wanted the new infotainment center and specifically the Apple CarPlay feature since I use the Waze app every time I get in the car and can have it displayed on the screen. So a new car with a huge car payment that doesn’t do what I am paying for is useless. I realize it gets me from point A to point B, so I could’ve kept what I had. I contacted Consumer Affairs in early September and have been told by two employees that they are aware of the issue and the engineers are working on a solution. I have pressed them for a resolution date and they have no response. I have asked for them to buy the car back or replace it with one that does not have these issues and was told earlier today they the “are not in a position to do that”, but would honor all car warranties (whatever that means). They did offer to have an engineer meet me at the dealership to inspect the car there, which I will gladly do, but I want this resolved now. I am tired of making a payment for something I am not satisfied with! Then to be told they wouldn’t buy the car back because they didn’t have enough complaints from customers with these issues and then to see this thread and see how many people are having the same issues and the dealerships don’t have a clue what to do. I am beyond kissed and going to look into filing lemon law claim and/or contacting an attorney.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
179 Posts
I’ve read all the reviews about people having issues with the 2021 Armada. I’m also experiencing issues with my radio, screen freezing at times, but the thing that bugs me the most is the TVs in the back don’t work properly which is one of the main reasons I bought the platinum. Right now Nissan service says it’s not fixable but corporate is “working” on it.
anyone have luck calling corporate and complaining and getting money back or anything? I’m pretty annoyed I was sold the car and no one told me these things would not be working properly. I would have waited for a 2022 or bought a sequoia.
If you can find a Sequoia, I bet they would make a good trade deal for you. I would not stay in a vehicle if I was unhappy. I think Nissan sells roughly 30k Armadas / year - not all of these trucks have glitchy displays, just a portion of them. Mine does but it's not a deterrent to ownership. Heck, Apple has already released 3 or 4 OS updates since 10/1 because they even struggle to get it right - and they are a tech company, not an auto-maker. In the real world, when these two environments collide, autos & tech, you gotta believe that there will be some gremlins behind the dash - not 100% of the time but, every once in a while. And, there's not a manufacturer out there that sells the perfect car, nor is there one that will sell you on the faults of the car (whether the faults are known or unknown).

I purchased my 21 Armada Platinum in March 21 and have had issues with the infotainment system pretty much from the beginning. I am very upset and about to lose my mind with Nissan over their inability to correct the issues. My screen glitches causing the words/numbers to be pixelated, the knobs on the main dash as well as on the center console to not control the system, the Apple CarPlay does not work at all anymore, the system reboots whenever the heck it wants to; including while I am backing up which causes the screen to go black and no way to view the backup cameras which is a huge safety issue, among other things. I contacted the dealership and took it in to check for an update, which it did not have one. The dealership then contacted Nissan and was told they would order a new radio system (even after I told them it was a computer problem and not just the radio) and it was in the shop for a week. Once the new radio came in about 3 months later they had me bring it back and after they put the new one it they said the new one had no volume at all and they decided to immediately put the old one back in and said Nissan advised them that they knew there was a bigger issue and they were working on a fix. I know have almost 10,000 mikes on a car that I paid $70,000 for that I find useless. I traded in a 2017 Armada platinum that was paid off only because I wanted the new infotainment center and specifically the Apple CarPlay feature since I use the Waze app every time I get in the car and can have it displayed on the screen. So a new car with a huge car payment that doesn’t do what I am paying for is useless. I realize it gets me from point A to point B, so I could’ve kept what I had. I contacted Consumer Affairs in early September and have been told by two employees that they are aware of the issue and the engineers are working on a solution. I have pressed them for a resolution date and they have no response. I have asked for them to buy the car back or replace it with one that does not have these issues and was told earlier today they the “are not in a position to do that”, but would honor all car warranties (whatever that means). They did offer to have an engineer meet me at the dealership to inspect the car there, which I will gladly do, but I want this resolved now. I am tired of making a payment for something I am not satisfied with! Then to be told they wouldn’t buy the car back because they didn’t have enough complaints from customers with these issues and then to see this thread and see how many people are having the same issues and the dealerships don’t have a clue what to do. I am beyond kissed and going to look into filing lemon law claim and/or contacting an attorney.
First world problems, huh? The price of the vehicle is irrelevant. I don't care if you paid $150k or $17,500 - the systems should work. But good luck on a lemon-law, you'll spend more on the legal that you'll ever see in benefits. I refuse to believe that the techs at Nissan woke up one day and said, "Today is the day when we will **** this car up..." I think they tested and retested the integration but software is always (always) evolving; my pc updates 5-10 systems weekly, apps update all the time, operating systems are updating - it's like painting the golden gate bridge. My hope is, when Nissan releases an OTA update, it smooths things out. My system works as it should probably 85% of the time. Then there are other times when I just hold down the volume button and let it reboot en-route. It's definitely not something I'm going back to the dealer for...

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2021 Armada Midnight edition. I have all the same issues presented here. Some days the infotainment won't even come on Some times it shuts off while driving. Sometimes the volume won't work. Sometimes the navigation flips from daytime to nighttime at random. I have filed a complaint. I have had the unit replaced, but the same things are happening with the new unit.
I honestly just don't even want this car anymore. I only have 3,700 miles on it. I filed a complaint with Nissan - I hope all of you here are doing that as well by calling 1-800-NISSAN-1, then hitting option 7 for Consumer Affairs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So we just bought a 2022 Armada Platinum. Had all but 6 miles when we got it. I like that they "fixed" a bunch of things from the 2018 that we traded in. But, boy has it been glitchy. We've only had it for a week at this point and the radio has gone silent twice, we get random "alert alert" messages with the volume rising for no apparent reason (and no setting that we can find that would turn it off). Today, the whole system rebooted itself mid-drive.

I'm taking it to the dealership later in the week and starting a case with Nissan. There are no pending OTA updates.

I was really looking forward to the newer nicer infotainment system, but it sounds like Nissan hasn't really worked out all the quirks or glitches in the system yet. I really hope we didn't make a mistake!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for your experience and if there is any way to return the vehicle in your state I strongly suggest you do. I have 10,000 miles on mine and it is still not resolved. I have an actual Nissan Engineer meeting me at the dealership on December 9th to look at it in person and I will be showing him all the videos I have taken documenting the issues since I would have a better shot at winning the lottery than replicating the issues while he is actually looking at it. I also encourage you to call Nissan Consumer Affairs and open a complaint. If everyone doesn’t complain then it only looks like a handful of people have the issues and not that the whole fleet has a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a beautiful 21 Armada 2 months ago and my truck has been siting at the dealer because the center display on top of the new dash keeps cutting out. Nissan cant figure out what is causing this annoying problem. Has anyone experienced this problem. This is 7th Nissan vehicle we have owned and we never had any issues. We traded in our 2011 Armada platinum that we loved and cherished for the 2021. Please help, getting no where with Nissan....
Same issue here, traded a great 2018 for the 2021 Platinum and its been nothing but problems since we bought it in July. I basically cant even have the radio on because all it does is reboot non-stop. Nissan should be ashamed for even releasing this vehicle with an issue like this from the factory.

Same here
I am guessing they didnt fix the issue right? I had a whole new head unit replaced, pins checked, cables replaced and the problem still exists. 72,000 dollars for this, man.

Sorry for your experience and if there is any way to return the vehicle in your state I strongly suggest you do. I have 10,000 miles on mine and it is still not resolved. I have an actual Nissan Engineer meeting me at the dealership on December 9th to look at it in person and I will be showing him all the videos I have taken documenting the issues since I would have a better shot at winning the lottery than replicating the issues while he is actually looking at it. I also encourage you to call Nissan Consumer Affairs and open a complaint. If everyone doesn’t complain then it only looks like a handful of people have the issues and not that the whole fleet has a problem.
already went through that with the engineer. He will have them repalce the whole unit and it will still be jacked up, I am so frustrated at this point. I am wondering when the lemon law issue comes into play?

So we just bought a 2022 Armada Platinum. Had all but 6 miles when we got it. I like that they "fixed" a bunch of things from the 2018 that we traded in. But, boy has it been glitchy. We've only had it for a week at this point and the radio has gone silent twice, we get random "alert alert" messages with the volume rising for no apparent reason (and no setting that we can find that would turn it off). Today, the whole system rebooted itself mid-drive.

I'm taking it to the dealership later in the week and starting a case with Nissan. There are no pending OTA updates.

I was really looking forward to the newer nicer infotainment system, but it sounds like Nissan hasn't really worked out all the quirks or glitches in the system yet. I really hope we didn't make a mistake!
return it if you can.

The infotainment system in my 2021 Armada is extremely glitchy. The volume control will get stuck on navigation voice volume and will not allow me to change the volume on the radio or the volume of a caller on Bluetooth. In addition, the direct tune knob does not scroll through station on satellite radio. Lastly, periodically the system randomly shuts down and reboots all by itself while I am driving.

When the volume control gets stuck on Navigation voice volume I have to hold down the on/off button for 15 seconds to do a hard reboot to get the ability to adjust the radio volume again.

I took it into the dealer and they told me that these glitches are because the cellphones I have paired to the radio have operating system versions higher than what the radio can handle. They said I need to be patient and these bugs will work themselves out via future system updates.

Hard to believe that a vehicle at this price has such nuisances in its performance. Anyone with the same experience? Is the Dealer Service Center feeding me a line?
We got a lawyer and are pursuing a lemon law. We have had nothing but problems with the infotainment system on our 2021 armada platinum since the day we bought it. We had the unit replaced, plugs replaced, and wire harnesses replaced, still broke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take it back tell them to stop giving you the run around, like the other guy said complain and or tell them to buy it back. Stop letting them run you over with" we can't find nothing wrong with it" nissan has the best warranty program then any other manufacturer. I had to be really firm when getting my rotors replaced because they became warped 1 month after buying. They said it wasn't covered but I didn't budge.
I purchased a new armada in 2019 and the rotors on the front warped after about a year. Nissan replaced them with no problem. The vehicle only had about 7K on it.
I traded it for a 2021 , I’ve had it for about 3 months now and all of a sudden, the radio, apple play or nothing works. All I hear is static from the volume. I need to visit a dealership,SOON !!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had everything swapped internally to include a whole new unit, still does it. I wil lsay this though, mine always does it at the same locations, so I am wondering if there is something Frequency wise that is interfering and causing the unit to reset on me?

Any Luck, we have a lemon law attorney currently.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just picked up a new 2022 and on day 2 the AM/FM was silent. It appears that radio stations are being tuned in/receiving signal but the volume is silent All other sources like XM radio and usb with mp3 songs work with volume. The dealer service quickly looked at it but with no quick fix. Told me I will have to bring it in for an extended time to look it over. Heven't tried the on/off button for 10 sec to reset. I heard and read that Ford electronics can be glitchy but I wasn't expecting this from Nissan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up a new 2022 and on day 2 the AM/FM was silent. It appears that radio stations are being tuned in/receiving signal but the volume is silent All other sources like XM radio and usb with mp3 songs work with volume. The dealer service quickly looked at it but with no quick fix. Told me I will have to bring it in for an extended time to look it over. Heven't tried the on/off button for 10 sec to reset. I heard and read that Ford electronics can be glitchy but I wasn't expecting this from Nissan.
So you traded your 2021 back in?

I went through everything with my dealer and they have been great! They have replaced everything they could replace, still having issues.

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
I have had everything swapped internally to include a whole new unit, still does it.
yeah just because it was swapped , the physical issue can still be inside of the units. it could be , due to the chip shortage, that inferior parts were use to get these cars out onto the showrooms ( or a bad batch of units ) and Nissan would deal with the fall out later (exchanges, repair, etc..) . all speculation of course but its clear there are some MAJOR issues with thee units. maybe once this chip shortage gets under control, nissan may honor a TSB on these.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts