Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the windshield replaced in my 2021 Armada after it cracked during a road trip. Less than a week later, an exterior chrome trim piece came loose, I took it back to the glass shop, and they ordered a new piece. I also noticed a plastic interior trim piece above the rear-view mirror was loose, so I sent them pictures and was told it would be taken care of.

I dropped the car off about 4 weeks later after the parts were in. When I picked up the car, the exterior chrome trim looked fine, but the interior trim was untouched. I spoke with the manager and a technician came out to look at it. He pulled off the plastic trim, re-attached a clip that had fallen out an pushed it back on. While it looks better, there is still a gap between the trim and windshield on the passenger's side that isn't on the driver's side.

When I said that it still isn't right and the plastic trim need to be replaced, the technician said that's just the way they are, and any other Armada I would see on the lot would look the same. When I said it wasn't like that when I brought it in, he said "that's your word against ours". At that point, I left the glass shop and called State Farm to get it resolved. State Farm contacted the glass shop and they are still insisting that the trim is normal. I'm waiting to hear back from State Farm on what to do next.

Since there are no 2021+ Armada's currently on dealer lots near me, I'm hoping that anyone here with a 2021+ Armada could post pictures of their trim above the rear-view mirror for comparison.

I posted a pictures below if you guys could post similar ones of your 2021+ Armada. Please help!

Driver's side (looks normal)
Architecture Shade Fixture Line Building

Passenger side (after original windshield install)
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Grille

Passenger side (after tech pushed back into place and said it is normal):
Automotive tire Hood Automotive mirror Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
6,606 Posts
you dont need to have a 2021 or any model car to know that is not normal. you can go to a dealer and they should also tell you this.

my old 2012 qx, which pretty much share the same platform as the new armada (they are made on the same line) did not look like that. any 2nd gen armada owner can share photos as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks marctronixx. I'm planning to take it the dealer to get fixed, but pics for comparison would help to make the case with State Farm if needed. I'm also concerned that the local dealer might give me the same story as the glass shop as the dealer farms out glass work to this glass shop and the glass shop uses this dealer for parts and sensor recalibration.

This trim piece on the 2021 SL I have now is different than the 2017 SV I had before. I assumed it was different due to the 2021 refresh, but maybe it's due to the trim difference (no sensors for active cruise control, lane departure, etc. on the SV).

There are some subtle differences with the 2021 refresh beyond the obvious exterior cosmetic changes and new infotainment system . The windshield itself is different for 2021 which caused delays/issues getting the correct one for replacement. I was also surprised when my Weathertech floor mats from the 2017 didn't fit the 2021.

·
Administrator
6,606 Posts
yesh sure subtle differences but having a gap like this on a 70K plus vehicle is not going to pass japanese muster. if older models didnt do this, makes no sense why the newer ones do.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Thanks marctronixx. I'm planning to take it the dealer to get fixed, but pics for comparison would help to make the case with State Farm if needed. I'm also concerned that the local dealer might give me the same story as the glass shop as the dealer farms out glass work to this glass shop and the glass shop uses this dealer for parts and sensor recalibration.

This trim piece on the 2021 SL I have now is different than the 2017 SV I had before. I assumed it was different due to the 2021 refresh, but maybe it's due to the trim difference (no sensors for active cruise control, lane departure, etc. on the SV).

There are some subtle differences with the 2021 refresh beyond the obvious exterior cosmetic changes and new infotainment system . The windshield itself is different for 2021 which caused delays/issues getting the correct one for replacement. I was also surprised when my Weathertech floor mats from the 2017 didn't fit the 2021.
When you go to the dealership, just go to the sales lot and take a picture of one them on the lot for reference, and go back to your insurance company and have them fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts