Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which wheels do you guys think i should go with 24" or 26"

i would have to go with 305/35/24 or 305/30/26

im not sure how the ride witll be
thanx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
I dont think you can properly fit 26's without any issues. I know 24's can be done correctly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
I think anything over 20 is cheesy. I only got 20s because they didn't make tires the right size in 18s. With anything bigger than 22, you will be denting on potholes, riding like crap, and getting bad mileage. Forget towing, curbs, off road, snow, etc. You know, stuff these TRUCKS were made for. Besides, they look like crap and will go the way spinners are going, out in about a year or so. :rolleyes: :thumbdown
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
453 Posts
I agree with tripleblack.........I think the 26" are TOO MUCH! BUT.....that's just my opinion. I think 20" are sweet and 22" would be my limit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
453 Posts
LOL! LOL! LOL! :teeth:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
919 Posts
How is the ride ... for those w/22s or larger?

I met a guy at the Blackhawk Show (go to the zonc.org website if interested) and he had a tricked out Armada (provided by Nissan) w/22s .. he said the ride is LOUSY .. not recommended at all.

He only drives it because .. its provided by Nissan (no cost to him at all) ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
Ride is fine

I have 22"s and the ride is fine, I dont know what he is talking about. Maybe his tires arent good. Mine rides like stock......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
654 Posts
I have 295/40/24 Pirelli's and they fit great with the 24" Foose wheels. I have no rubbing or problems. The ride is fine, the handling is better than stock. I have never had a bent rim or problems with big rims or low profile tires.

Just my opinion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
ockevin said:
I have 295/40/24 Pirelli's and they fit great with the 24" Foose wheels. I have no rubbing or problems. The ride is fine, the handling is better than stock. I have never had a bent rim or problems with big rims or low profile tires.

Just my opinion.

26's? can you take some pictures and post. I've been to many wheel shops and they all said 26" does not fit without fender mods and a spacer. With the spacer, the wheel sticks out a bit a looks funky.

24's sometimes require some plastic rework.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
654 Posts
I was told the same about 26's. I did have to use a 1/8th inch spacer in the front so the rim doesnt hit the caliper. It comes real close to inner fender on full lock turn. I took my rims off of my Tahoe when I traded it in and now put them on my new (to me) 04 Armada.

Kevin


P.S. I will post up some pics tomorrow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Sorry ockevin, I thought you said you had 26's That's why I was wondering how you got them on. But now I realiz you have 24's.
But still would love to see pictures though.

I bought a brand new set of QX56 wheels and tires from Infiniti dealer for $500 cash. I told myself that until I can afford some 24's, I'm not going half way.

For me it's kids college fund, or 24's
Kids won out on this one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Planning on 22's

I am planning on getting 22's for my Armada. The crappy ride is probably from the "very low profile" tires the show cars like to put on. These IMO are not practical. I think 22's will still look good and ride nice.

TRIPLEBLACK - I saw your ride at the Mall of Millenia the other day. Did you get my card?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
I am planning on getting 22's for my Armada. The crappy ride is probably from the "very low profile" tires the show cars like to put on. These IMO are not practical. I think 22's will still look good and ride nice.

TRIPLEBLACK - I saw your ride at the Mall of Millenia the other day. Did you get my card?
Got your card. If you got a good look at mine, they are 20s. Figured they were what made you think it was my rig. Sent you a PM. 22s will give a good ride, but limit choices of tires to street only versions instead of All terrains, etc. Over 22s ride gets harsh, handling and mileage goes down, cost goes up, and towing drops. Personally, I think larger than 22s look silly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
I knew it was you

Hard to mistake your ride. I decided with the 22's because, I've only got the 4x2. The vehicle is more of the people hauler and towing (in the future) vehicle. Don't really need the all-terrain, all though they do look nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
I use mine in boat launches. Can't tell you how many 4x2s I see there that can't pull well because their tires are spinning. Usually you get the wife in front flooring it and the husband jumping on the hitch with big clouds of smoke coming out from the tire wells. Looks like someone doing a burnout before a drag race. Hillarious. I also want to go on beaches, for snow ski trips, off road to paintball fields, etc. so 4x4 and AT are a must for me. We'll have to compare notes some time FLC. :thumbup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
32 Posts
Removing the logo

andy said:
Sorry ockevin, I thought you said you had 26's That's why I was wondering how you got them on. But now I realiz you have 24's.
But still would love to see pictures though.

I bought a brand new set of QX56 wheels and tires from Infiniti dealer for $500 cash. I told myself that until I can afford some 24's, I'm not going half way.

For me it's kids college fund, or 24's
Kids won out on this one.
Hey Andy,

Were you able to remove the Infinity logo from those rims? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
LOONEY said:
Hey Andy,

Were you able to remove the Infinity logo from those rims? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks
Nope, I think they are molded on. There's only one logo on the center cap. I'd love to convert them to Nissan but at least Infiniti is the same thing, mostly.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top