Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, my Wife and I just picked up a new ‘22 Platinum. Can I replace the factory 275/50/22 Bridgestone Dueler H/T‘s with a 285/50/22 Toyo Open Country AT 3 or NITTO Ridge Grappler without rubbing issues even at full lock? According to the size difference, it’s roughly .4” taller and wider. I live in upstate NY and need a more friendly snow rated tire or AT tire. Pictures would be amazing if you have them. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
2021 Armada Platinum Captain's Chairs 4X4, Aspen White Tricoat, Almond Leather.
18 Posts
Hi Paul NY,
Congratulations! haven't even seen a 2022 yet!
I'm in agreement with CBEllis, but honestly not sure. I have the 2021 Platinum, and nothing looks too close while static, but you never know how much travel to expect in motion.
Feel free to post a few pics of your 2022! 🙂
Don

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
I recently sold my 2011 Infiniti QX56 and I had those exact 285/55/22 size but in Yokohama on my Infiniti. Those tires do rub at FULL LOCK each end. And when you are doing 60mph and above and hit a sudden dip, your whole front 2 tires do scrap and make a sound. Trust me.

I had it and would still do 100mph with those tires. Before I put those tires, I had all season stock size and I would do 120mph easy. But after I put my Yokohamas, the maximum I could do for safety was 100mph.

I have TONS of pictures on here of my setup. Just search my name and see my maintenance thread with those size tires. I have very meticulous details posted on here.

Besides, I did stop the rubbing by pulling my fenders and bending them slightly a bit out of the way and they would not rub at full lock, but the clearance is less than an inch, so it may rub at any time.

But any time you are going fast like 60mph and above and hit a sudden dip, remember your tires would scrap in the front guaranteed. Trust me. I had those exact size tires on for years and beat the crap out of my QX offroading. The setup gives you an inch of lift. I had 44psi when I out those tires. I recommend if you do put thise tires, inflate your tires to 44psi or 45psi, instead of stock 35psi.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

·
Registered
2021 Armada Platinum Captain's Chairs 4X4, Aspen White Tricoat, Almond Leather.
18 Posts
Yikes!,
I just looked up the Toyo Open Country AT 3. Looks really nice! That could really set off the new Generation Armada! Anxious to see how it looks if you decide to take the leap!
Don

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
My 2012 Infiniti QX56 Maintenance thread...

Read post 1 and see the date 2/28/2019. Read the description. That is the day I installed my 285/55/22 Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003.

Then you can search the thread to that date to see pictures. Or go to my big thread and search to that date and you will see pictures and read about what happened.

Here is a screenshot from the first page and showing the date I installed those tires.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Feel free to go to pages 31 of my big thread to see these pictures below. Here is a link to that thread. Also, feel free to read pages 30 and 32, if you have time to burn.

I must say I enjoyed a lot having that size, but it does rub. But you can make it stop, but any time you are going fast and hit a bump or a dip, the fronts would scrap guaranteed.

My major thread for my 2010 Armada, 2009 Armada and 2012 Infiniti QX56...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@PetitFrereArmada, I’m looking at the 285/50/22. Yours were 285/55/22 which are substantially bigger. The 285/50/22 is only .4” bigger in diameter and width, so I would think they should be fine. I will post pics and review once installed. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
@PetitFrereArmada, I’m looking at the 285/50/22. Yours were 285/55/22 which are substantially bigger. The 285/50/22 is only .4” bigger in diameter and width, so I would think they should be fine. I will post pics and review once installed. Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Yes, you are right. I think it should fit. I did buy that same size but I returned it without installing them.

Definitely share many pics when you install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts