Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks the rear bumper is the ugliest bumper ever created? I mean, my Armada is bad *** and I like everything about it. But, that rear bumper is so ugly I park my car backwards all the time. Its such an ugly look. Everything with the armada is sharp and slight round, but then the bumper is like a basketball it is so rounded and it looks like it doesnt belong.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I agree, it's awkward and doesn't flow well with the rest of the body to say the least. If you look at the Patrol, it's missing two items that makes it look much much better than the Armada;
1. wheel well flares
2. massive bumper

I'm not sure why the Nissan team feels American's like the extra bulbous extremities. My guess is they think American's want a more rugged looking vehicle with a spot on the back to rest our rears...?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I think it looks a little big too, but doesn't bother me. Funny thing is, if you read some of the posts on the global platform Patrol sites, several people are looking for American spec bumpers and fender flares.... maybe you can find a international spec rear bumper and have it fitted?..

I like the way the Patrol looks too (and probably prefer it), but the two seem to have more similarities than not, which makes me happy.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
It has to have something to do with crash test ratings.......it has to. Otherwise why on earth would you make it so dang ugly?

I don't like having to brush up against it when I throw stuff in the rear. It also doesn't do the departure angle any favors.

So yeah I'm going with crash test performance.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Yeah the rear bumper is probably the worst part of the car. Maybe someday someone will design a rear lip for the 2nd gen.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Yeah the rear bumper is probably the worst part of the car. Maybe someday someone will design a rear lip for the 2nd gen.

I hope so... ours is destroyed from 2 years of Bob stroller loading and unloading. It’s a horrible design that’s just begging to get all scratched up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I hope so... ours is destroyed from 2 years of Bob stroller loading and unloading. It’s a horrible design that’s just begging to get all scratched up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same for us! That is one of my only complaints about the Armada - when loading/unloading anything out of the back it's so easy to hit the bumper. We definitely have a few stroller scratches on ours...

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Same for us! That is one of my only complaints about the Armada - when loading/unloading anything out of the back it's so easy to hit the bumper. We definitely have a few stroller scratches on ours...
Has anyone tried applying 3M protective film on the bumper? I am looking at it now and to me it seems like a fix for the stupid bumper design.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone tried applying 3M protective film on the bumper? I am looking at it now and to me it seems like a fix for the stupid bumper design.
That wont really do anything. Paint protection film is clear and the bumper would still look the same. Plus, 3M PPF sucks. That thing turns yellow really fast. There are so many other film out there that doesnt turn yellow within 2 to 6 months.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I have some experience with the 3m pro and non-pro films. The non-pro in my older car turned yellowish after 4 yrs. The one on my Q is a little over 2 years old and it appears to be a tad yellowish than it was 2yrs ago, but not yellow enough for the clear film to be conspicuous. The one on my armada is about 7months old and it's the pro version, supposedly better and thicker. It sure can widthstand some beating than the non-pro (hit several road debris already) but it's still early for me to comment on when it'll turn yellowish. Also i suspect some cleaning agents might accelerate the process but hard to tell which ones are good/bad.

I am also putting the 3m pro version on the rear bumper soon. I already cut it but haven't got any chance yet due to recent rains.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I have some experience with the 3m pro and non-pro films. The non-pro in my older car turned yellowish after 4 yrs. The one on my Q is a little over 2 years old and it appears to be a tad yellowish than it was 2yrs ago, but not yellow enough for the clear film to be conspicuous. The one on my armada is about 7months old and it's the pro version, supposedly better and thicker. It sure can widthstand some beating than the non-pro (hit several road debris already) but it's still early for me to comment on when it'll turn yellowish. Also i suspect some cleaning agents might accelerate the process but hard to tell which ones are good/bad.

I am also putting the 3m pro version on the rear bumper soon. I already cut it but haven't got any chance yet due to recent rains.
I just finished the application and am very pleased with the outcome. I spent some time making a paper template to use for cutting the film but the actual application took about 10 minutes including mixing the solution. I'll check back in as time goes on to update my findings. I'm loading things in and out of the rear constantly so I'll be interested to see if this will stop the paint chipping problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I've been researching and I'm wondering if the bumper can be swapped out with a Nissan Patrol bumper from overseas. It look 10x better.
Pic below

Disregard the accessories, but the bumper itself looks great. Thought?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts