Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bad for the mis-reading of your prior post.

in case you don't have it, i've attached a pdf of the procedure nissan techs would use.
Appreciate it @marctronixx

Thanks for the pdf instructions.
What I gained from that:

-Drain the ATF.
-Add ATF through overflow hole.
-Run vehicle, to completely flush torque converter and valve body with the new fluid (I assume). Twice.
-Drain fluid again.
-Tighten drain plug
-Refill final time through overflow hole.
-Fill until fluid wants to run back out of the overflow hole.
-Tighten overflow plug.

I've got a hand pump that threads onto quart and gallon bottles. I think that will fit the bill.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I did a drain and fill on my QX80. It’s definitely not as easy as the previous gen having the ATF filler tube accessible in the engine bay.

You’re going to need an ATF filler adapter. I bought mine from Amazon, part # CTA 7425. For less than $20, I also made my own DIY pressurized ATF filler pump, courtesy of YouTube. A hand pump is going to take much longer to get the fluid into that tiny filler hole because the diameter of the hoses on those fluid hand pumps are too big.
Don’t ignore the recommended temperature ranges either. It does affect how much the ATF drains when instructed too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Completed today.
Very simple. Ended up using my hand pump with a .17ID piece of tubing sleeved into the larger tube. Done for the cost of fluid. Dealer wanted $259+misc+tax.

Used my IR gun to monitor pan temp. I feel good about the procedure.
20210612_113305.jpg
20210612_113232.jpg
20210612_113206.jpg

Fluid looked pretty bad for 70k. Not dark black and not burnt. But still what I would consider bad for the miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts