Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm just visiting. I own a 1st gen titan and have been researching power steering. We all know the 1st gen titan/armada are on the heavy side of power steering compared to most other vehicles (I personally like light and nimble steering) so I've been looking for a way to increase it with out custom modifications.

My question:
Can anyone confirm for me that the 2nd gen armada is significantly lighter/easier in the steering? According to the internet it uses the same power steering pump, only I would assume it is valved for more PSI and volume flow.
The 2nd gen armada steering gear is 19.6:1 and I believe the 1st gen titan/armada is 19:1 so if the 2nd gen is easier to steer, it would not be a steering gear difference, would have to be the pump.

If this is all true, could be a drop in fix for all 1st gens titans and armadas...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steering on Gen 2 is too light for my taste.

There isn't any motor or any electronic assist.

The DCA is for controlling distance from the vehicle in front. Lane intervention is what keeps the car into its lane and it's using the brakes to do so - applies either to the right side to pull the car to the right, or to the left to pull the car to the left. Only nissan vehicles equipped with EPS have electric motor.
Correct, it's all hydro steering. Would you say its definitely lighter than a 1st gen?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts