Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this service performed yet? If so, how much $$ did you get dinged? I think I got "it"; but before I bring this up with the GM (whom I know fairly well), would like to know if $600 is what one should expect to pay for the service.

Ras

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Ras said:
Has anyone had this service performed yet? If so, how much $$ did you get dinged? I think I got "it"; but before I bring this up with the GM (whom I know fairly well), would like to know if $600 is what one should expect to pay for the service.

Ras
Yes, if you go to a dealer. I had $1500 on one for my vette. For the most part, you can have the same stuff done by any mechanic/oilchange place or yourself cheaply. I always ask what they do and how much before I book. I don't need a stealer putting in a new air filter for $100. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
cfranzen said:
I think my dealer wants about $300 Still too much in my opinion to check fluids and light bulbs.
Exactly. Go to a Jiffy lube and you get the same stuff for $19.95. :D
Seriously, go through the manual, read what to do and check. You will find there is very little to do that you can't do yourself in an hour. Changing most fluids are easy. I let the dealer handle trans but do all the rest myself. Cheap and easy. ;)

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot on this one....The dealer has a "Free Tires For Life" program (in the case of 18" tires I get $150 credit per tire).....if you do all of your service work there. Thus, my 30,000 mile service had to be done by them. I think am going to call around and get some quotes.

Ras

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Ras said:
Unfortunately, I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot on this one....The dealer has a "Free Tires For Life" program (in the case of 18" tires I get $150 credit per tire).....if you do all of your service work there. Thus, my 30,000 mile service had to be done by them. I think am going to call around and get some quotes.

Ras
I guess. Personally, the dealer tires stink and you could have gotten a set like mine for $1500 and the sale of your stock ones. If you get a set of tires every 60K, then that's $600 toward tires and $3000 for tuneups. I thnk I know why he requires you do service there to get the tires. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
I guess. Personally, the dealer tires stink and you could have gotten a set like mine for $1500 and the sale of your stock ones. If you get a set of tires every 60K, then that's $600 toward tires and $3000 for tuneups. I thnk I know why he requires you do service there to get the tires. :rolleyes:
OUCH! The extrA money you are spending could but you news tires for LIFE!

A 30k service at our dealership cost 499.99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts