Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a road trip from Southern California to Colorado and back, stopping at Grand Canyon along the way. Averaged 16 mpg at 80mph for most of the trip. Since I live in SoCal, this was my first experience with this vehicle in the snow, and it was awesome, so much better than my Durango 4WD. The VDC really helps out, no spinning tires or sliding, even with the crappy Conti tires. The Armada makes such a good highway vehicle, smooth, quiet, and comfortable. We did 800 miles one day, and didn't feel all that tired when we were done.

Keith

PS - anybody want to come over and help me wash this thing? Man, this is going to take all day!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
OH, you are SO right. Worth it but it takes an hour to wash it.

We went to Oregon from Bakersfield last summer towing our "little" trailer. Barely noticed it was there and got about 15 on the highway. VERY comfortable and everyone was happy with the sound system. We don't want to go places in the other little car, but it gets 30 mpg on the road...

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I love my MADA but everytime I drive for 4-6 hours, I feel myself sort of "floating" after I got off from the truck. Did you guy feel the same way after a long drive/trip? I suspect the suspensions are too soft and they make you feel like you were on the boat or something.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Beat me. Florida to Vermont and back was 2750 miles. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fred_vee said:
OH, you are SO right. Worth it but it takes an hour to wash it.

We went to Oregon from Bakersfield last summer towing our "little" trailer. Barely noticed it was there and got about 15 on the highway. VERY comfortable and everyone was happy with the sound system. We don't want to go places in the other little car, but it gets 30 mpg on the road...
We can only dream of getting that kind of mileage with the trailer. Haven't towed much with the 06 yet, but with the 04, we got around 11 with the trailer. This trip, we didn't take the trailer. In fact, this was the first long trip we've taken in about 3 years without the trailer, and it was strange having stops determined by our bladders rather than the gas tank!

Keith

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Campfamily said:
We can only dream of getting that kind of mileage with the trailer...
Well... our tent trailer is lower and only just as wide as the 'Mada, weighing about 2500 at full load. SO it's no surprise that our mileage is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.