Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new here, My sister owns a 2 wheel drive Armada. We put the 2.5" lift on it all the way around with the rear shocks. She is going to purchase the kmc rockstar 18x9 rims. The question is can we fit a 35" tall tire on it with no issues or should we stick with a 33"? Were looking at the Dick Cepek tires. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!! :hi:

Yes, you can fit 35x12.5-18 and they are the largest that will fit with a mini-lift. Some (like the Nitto Mud Grapplers) will require the Pinch-Weld Mod to turn lock-to-lock due to the large side lug tread but the Dick Cepek lineup should fit fine with no mod'ing. You might want to also look at the Cooper Discoverer STT's, they have awesome feedback. The STT's are available in just about any 33" or 35" size that you could want.

http://www.coopertire.com/html/products/tires_lighttruck.aspx?page=discoverer_stt&search=bySize&twtd=35&artw=12.5&rd=18

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10216

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
BTW: This is 35x12.5-18 Nitto Mud Grapplers with a mini-lift like your sister has.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
These are 33's but it's a better idea than Photoshop of how it will look.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
That's really nice but that's the ProComp 6" lift, not a 2.5" mini-lift. :D

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
think i might be going 285/75-18 soon, we'll see... they are a 35" tire. get some pics up of those rockstars if you do it!!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
35's or 33's

I am looking to get the PRG 2" Lift Kit, and I for sure do not want to do the PinchWeld Mod on a brand new Armada, what tires would you recommend for 35's? or would I be better off running any 33's?

I'd use the vehicle mostly for road use, but I'd occasional be hitting (beach terrain) lots of sand, rocky, and slight water areas.....any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
hey there mustang.. well your sis has some really good taste.... the one that pops shows.... the black one thats mines... and i wanted to look like a beast when i pull up behind someone... the only thing is i have 33x13.5x18" and i had to do the pinch weld mod... but i love it... hope your sis likes how it comes out... and to you CRU you can run any sizes you want... run the 35's and you have to go with a 12.5" wide tire... and go with 33's and you can go with the same width if you dont want to do the pinch weld mod...

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
by the way thanx so much pops... just trying to rep my truck out there huh?... what about yours... you could have also showed yours with mines.... but anyways still love the post... hehehe...lol...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
OUrmada808 said:
and to you CRU you can run any sizes you want... run the 35's and you have to go with a 12.5" wide tire... and go with 33's and you can go with the same width if you dont want to do the pinch weld mod...
Thanks!;)

Now I must decide which one of the NITTO Terra Grappler: 285/65R18 or 275/70R18 then.....:cool:

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
CRU said:
Thanks!;)

Now I must decide which one of the NITTO Terra Grappler: 285/65R18 or 275/70R18 then.....:cool:
You could go for the 325/60-18 like mine. Most 35's will probably require the Pinch-Weld Mod for offroading. Mine are 33's and I had to relocate the OEM mudflaps because they were rubbing when hitting certain angles. I wouldn't do 35's on a mini-lift w/o the Pinch-Weld Mod unless staying onroad only.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/PopsRacer/?start=all

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
OUrmada808 said:
by the way thanx so much pops... just trying to rep my truck out there huh?... what about yours... you could have also showed yours with mines.... but anyways still love the post... hehehe...lol...
Yours looks MUCH better than mine. :thumbup: Yours is the best visual I've seen for M/T's.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Here's my old Titan with stock 18's. PRG Mini lift, tires are 33x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country MT's. I was able to clear stock mud flaps. A test fit of 35's needed pinch weld mod and no mud flaps.:(

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
CRU said:
What size lift is this? ^^^^^^
That is the PRG 2" mini-lift w/ 325/60-18 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. There's a link to the PRG in my signature. ;)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I am starting to feel the Toyo OC M/T 33x12.5x18LT w/ the Diamo 17 Karat Black finish along with the PRG 2' Lift....the rims on Ourmada808 is winning me over!!!

What is the wheel bolt pattern for the 08 Armada's?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts