Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by to look at the new 07 Tahoe this evening - was disappointed with their 3rd row seating - they are jumper seats with no leg room or thigh support for adults. Then in addition, you can fold them forward, but you actually have to remove them to gain full access of the storage space.

I haven't been inside of an Armada yet (just researching for now), but can you guys give me some feedback on the third row? Does it offer more leg room and thigh support? I believe the seats will fold down flat to gain access to the storage area, without physically removing them, correct? Are they comfortable in general?

It is just the wife and me for now, so the third row will rarely be used unless we are driving around a group of friends.

And then we will have to decide if we want 2nd row captain chairs or 2nd row bench... ahhh! Decisions!

Thanks!
shift_joe
01 Maxima (for now...)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
3rd Row

I'm 6'2" and 225 lbs, I've never rode back there, always driving. But I would say it would be alright for someone my size for short to medium trips. That was one of the reasons I didn't buy a Seqouia because of the jump seats that had to be removed whereas the Armada folded flat into the floor. Also more room, lot more power, independent rear suspension and lower price. Welcome to the site, good source of info.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I'm 6'4" and I had a comfortable amount of 3rd row leg room. Wouldn't want to ride back there for 2-3 hours, but I could do it. My wife is 5'7" and she can sit normally in the third row. And they are more comfortable than Expedition and Suburban. It was actually one of the points that pushed over the edge in buying the SUV. And yes you can fold the 3rd row flat without removing the seats.

2nd row bench vs. bucket is a personal choice. Our needs with 2 young kids made us go bench. 2 car seats and an adult to take care if need be. The middle seat is not very comfortable on the 2nd row, but it will work fine for a car seat. The other second row seats are very comfortable and are hard to tell apart from the buckets. The 2nd row center comes out in a jiffy if thats a concern. I would say without little kids we would have gone buckets.

If you carry a lot of stuff the bench will give a better rear cargo area when folded. Hope this helps.

Also, we're in Dallas. I got mine at Courtesy Nissan on 75 and Campbell. Ask for Mike Lewis, he was great. Tell him Scott and Debbie sent you.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I have an 05, and we have the 3rd row seat with a lot of hip,thigh and head room, go to any Nissan dealer ship and try it out, and come on back and let us know of your findings, you will be surprised, and good luck on your shopping around :smart: :cool:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys - this quick feedback is appreciated! I know going to a dealership will answer a lot of these questions for me, but it is nice to hear the positive feedback from a group of people already.

Scott - I didn't think about the impact of storage room with buckets vs. bench. So I am assuming with the bench, you can lay the 2nd row flat? So you could have the 2nd & 3rd row flat for storage if nessecary?
But if we went with Buckets in the 2nd row, then I'm guessing those could not be laid down flat? If we did need the storage space, do you know if the buckets could be removed?

Also, on 2nd Row Buckets... How do you access the 3rd row? Does each seat fold back/down? Or do you have to go between the center space between the two buckets?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
You can still lay the 2nd row flat, but you either have the 2nd row console or an empty space in between the seats. They fold down to the same level as the 3rd row, but with the middle seat it makes the whole back a completely flat open space.

3rd row access is also extremely easy in the Armada. Another selling point for us. The seats pop about half way up once released and can easily be pushed completely up to gain 3rd row access. This works the same with bench or bucket.

The second row seating is CAVERNOUS!!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the link ggeorgie - very helpful. I think Nissa could have done a little better on their website selling these features (bigger and better pictures), but I would rather they spend time building the car - and not the website. But I think they are under selling themselves there....

Dare I ask another question?

On the 2nd Row Bench, can you recline/adjust the seat back? I assume you can not?
On the 2nd Row Captain Chairs, can you recline/adjust those seats?

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
shift_joe said:
Thanks for the link ggeorgie - very helpful. I think Nissa could have done a little better on their website selling these features (bigger and better pictures), but I would rather they spend time building the car - and not the website. But I think they are under selling themselves there....

Dare I ask another question?

On the 2nd Row Bench, can you recline/adjust the seat back? I assume you can not?
On the 2nd Row Captain Chairs, can you recline/adjust those seats?
I have an 05 w/ 2nd row bench seats ( 3 seats ), the seats behind the passenger and the driver both recline and adjust, the center seat is only folds and does not recline.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
One other thing I will add - The front passenger seat back also folds down. You can put a 10" step ladder inside with it folded down. With the second row bench seat, you can fold down the third row seats, the right side second row seat, and the front passenger seat back. You can then haul a long object such as the ladder and still have one or two passengers in the second row left and center seats.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
tourist said:
In the '06 both the 2nd row buckets and the 2nd row bench driver and passenger seats recline and fold flat. The middle seat on the bench folds flta only. It doesn't recline.
One more important thing to point out is the 06 3rd row seat is a 1/3 -2/3 split, so you can fold down one side or the other and retain either 1 or 2 seats for passengers, while increasing your space for cargo. I would also like to point out theat the second row captains chairs fold up the same as the bench. THe center console pops right out in less than 15 seconds so you have a flat deck. WE came from a 2001 suburban. the third row in it was the best on the market. The third row in the armada is not as big but kicks the living crap out of tahoe and sequoia.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
The 3rd row seats in the Mada rock. I am 5'9 and I have sat back there for a 4 hour trip. I just took a pillow and rested againg the side of the car. It has a lot of leg room, but I think if you were taller than me, you would be hurting after two hours.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I'm Rick James Bitch said:
One more important thing to point out is the 06 3rd row seat is a 1/3 -2/3 split, so you can fold down one side or the other and retain either 1 or 2 seats for passengers, while increasing your space for cargo. I would also like to point out theat the second row captains chairs fold up the same as the bench. THe center console pops right out in less than 15 seconds so you have a flat deck.

Good points, I should have mentioned. - Thnx

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
My two cents...

Third row is great for kids. Two child seats and an 8 year old in the middle isn't a problem. Three car seats is tight.

Third row is great for adults...on short trips. Put my six foot brother-in-law back there on a three hour journey and he was hurtin'. I've sat in the third row on one and two hour trips - not bad so long as there's only me and a kid (room to stretch sideways a bit).

Accessability. With four kids (two in child seats, two in boosters) we put the "big kids club" in the back and they access over a folded center seat. This makes it easier on the parents buckling in the littler ones in the second row.

Comparisons. It's comparable to a suburban third row. More room than an Expedition. Wider than an Envoy - but the Envoy XL's third row is nearly as comfortable for two. And I'd venture that it is more comfortable than most minivans I've ridden in.

One caution - and it's universal for third rows - watch the little one's on winding roads. We've had some turn green back there when they are otherwise fine in the second row.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.