Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a armada and the 4wd light is on and the tire drive is missing I’ve been reading it’s normally a relay issue or the drive motor? Anyway to really tell?

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
so its a 4wd yeah?
what year is it?
can you engage the 4wd options? like 4hi/lo?
generally when you see idiot lamps show up, you pull any codes at the obd port and go from there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's a 4WD model I'm looking at getting the car I'm just checking about the 4WD warning light I'm reading the FSM right now it doesn't seem like it's too involved I'm not sure how the life is on transfer motors (If it's that)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to try and check tomorrow the car I looked at today (had lots of frame rust) Also had the 4WD light on along with all the slip and VDC lights on.. I didn't pull the codes for that one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car mechanically seems pretty to the point I've did a whole motor rebuild on my '05 Subaru Legacy GT pulled and dropped the motor back in.. lol I got maybe at best 22 MPG with a 16.9 gal tank so this car is not that bad.. better then the Audi a friend was going to sell me but then later kept making excuses on not wanting to sell it. The parts and costs for upkeep was crazy.

One of the issues I see I'm going to have to deal with again is the adjustment bolts for the rear they look to be rusted solid just like it was on my Legacy.. I ended up having to sawzall them offand use heat and a 10Lb hammer to get them out.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I'm going to try and check tomorrow the car I looked at today (had lots of frame rust) Also had the 4WD light on along with all the slip and VDC lights on.. I didn't pull the codes for that one.
slip abs and vdc along with 4wd often means abs sensor. the wheel bearings on these things are poorly sealed so crud gets in there. I upgraded mine to moogs to fix the issue they have supposedly better seals. if that is the issue and you sound like you can do it yourself then it should be a $5-600 in parts job if i recall correctly and its that

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a sensor because I have a code for the left rear however this morning I was leaving for work my 4WD light was on And the icon was off but I Felt it bind when making a tight turn.. so I went to the gas station this morning to get a bite to eat and restarted the car and the 4WD light went off and the icon was on and all 4 wheels were showing but as soon as I moved about 50 feet it went off.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
it tends to sometimes take a bit of time to pop on. rear ones are easier to do, but be warned if its bad seal it will get dirty again. you might be able top pull them and just wipe them down if it has a bit of metal flaking on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was having the same issue with this 4WD light coming on. Found out my rear output shaft seal was/is leaking. Put it up on a hoist at work and checked the transfer case fluid level. It was over a quart low. The previous owner obviously never had it serviced. Replaced the seal and topped off the fluid and haven’t had an issue since.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to try and check the fluid level I have a new ABS sensor for the driver side rear would a bad ABS sensor cause the 4WD not to work? When I got the car I know I saw a pin size hole in the relay for the relay in question that controls it.. I assume it cuts off the rear air compressor? How do I know its working?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts