Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 4x2 still capable off road? or if i were to get a 4x2, off-roading dreams should just be put on hold?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
rummya87 said:
Is the 4x2 still capable off road? or if i were to get a 4x2, off-roading dreams should just be put on hold?
You can take it off road and it will do okay for the most part...just make sure you take some good walking shoes with you when you get to the "other part it doesn't do so good" :teeth: .

These vehicles are big and heavy so they will sink quick and the factory tire aren't the most aggressive. If you are doing some true off roading expect to get into something you could of gotten out of with 4x4 but are walking from with a 4x2. If its mostly dry rough roads/trails you could be okay.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you get more aggressive tires, and maybe a locking differential or something if one comes out ... is mud a possibility?

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Why not?

Why not take the add-on $ and put it towards a 4x4 and be done with it? A stock unmodified 4x4 will easily out-perform a tweaked 4x2 in low traction conditions. If you want to do some wheel’n get the proper tool to do it with.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
DONT go off road with 4X2

NOOOO do NOT go offroad with the 4X2 we bought one and the first thing we did was go offroad and get stuck 15ft into the trail. To add insult to injury we had to have my father pull us out with his Chevy Suburban. To make a long story short we returned the truck cause they told us that it was 4X4, my error there, and they gave us a SE Off-Road for actually cheaper than the 4X2.

rummya87 said:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
rummya87 said:
Don't take that van on anything but dirt roads. Last thing I want is some 4x4 Escalade or worse Sequoia pulling you out and some chucklehead with a camera nearby snapping pics. :damn: ;)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Don't take that van on anything but dirt roads. Last thing I want is some 4x4 Escalade or worse Sequoia pulling you out and some chucklehead with a camera nearby snapping pics. :damn: ;)
Tugged by a Sequoia, I'd dig a hole first!! :nana:

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
rummya87 said:

You could still go off roading with 4x2. You just need to find a 4x4 partner to go with you and bring a good tow rope as well. :schla24:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts