Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted I have never owned a 4x4 before but I finally got a chance to really 'try out' the capabilities of the Armada. We just got about a foot of snow here in the Cincinnati area and while people had trouble getting out of their driveways the Armada came through like a champ.

I didn't even use it in true 4x4 mode I just simply left it in Auto. The Armada felt extremely secure and it inspires confidence in crappy conditions. I know that 4x4 means little on ice but in deep snow I have no worries at all.

I kinda felt bad that neighbors had to snow blow and shovel before even thinking about pulling out of the garage while I just breezed past them to get errands done. Right now I am glad we decided not to get the G35 6 speed (not the X) or the 4x2 Armada and opted for the 4x4.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I agree. The Armada is definately at home in a foot of snow. I too breezed right through the deep snow here in Indiana - even tore through some 3' drifts. During the night on Wednesday, I bought a double-looped nylon tow rope and put my hitch back on. Over the night, I yanked two cars from the ditch on I-69! It's fun beating the towtrucks to them, then doing it for free! ;)

Merry Christmas everyone - and go enjoy your Armadas in the snow!

Drew

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I would have to agree. These things are awesome in snow. I have owned 4x4's my whole life and truly love the "off road" package on the Armada. Most of the time I built something with the capability this has "right out of the box". I guess with all the snow and cold in Northeast WI I am going to break this in right. Next step is taking off my BFG Radial Long Trails and putting on the "Baja Champions" I have been running on my trucks for 14 years the BF Goodrich Radial All Terrain K/O. Gotta love a tire that hasn't really changed their tread pattern since the 70's (haven't had a need to).
Syko :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
SykoArmada
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing