Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Jan 2006 issue of Popular Mechanics, shows a picture of a Red Titan truck 5.6L V8 Max tow 9500.

Ok how is this possible. This is the same engine that has listed MAX TOW 9100

Have I missed something here?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
mich05 said:
In the Jan 2006 issue of Popular Mechanics, shows a picture of a Red Titan truck 5.6L V8 Max tow 9500.

I'm sure it could probably tow 12,000 (for a distance at least). The max tow is Nissan's guidance and what they feel the truck can safely tow mechanically. Kind of like a maximum highway speed is posted but is often exceeded

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Tow Capacity

Can you say typo? Probably wrong, but just to give you something to ponder, engine size and horsepower does not dictate tow capacity. It is part of the equation, with gearing, transmission, suspension, frame and many other variables. You can have a 4.0 liter engine with a 12k capacity if set up properly. It is not all about the engine, so in theory…yes it is possible. Most likely a typo if it is stock unless Nissan made some changes which is possible.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Depends on the weight of the Titan/Armada to start with. The King Cab is the lightest. In SE and KE trim it has a tow rating of 9500 lbs. The heaviest would be the '06 Armada and QX in 4x4. They rate 9000 for towing with Big tow. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
mich05 said:

The 9500 is for the Titan. The Armada is 9100 because of the added weight of the Armada over the Titan. The gross is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.