1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Headrest monitor problems

Have any of you had problems with headrest monitors and laying the seats down or forward. I was worried that they would get scratched up when the seats were in the down position--hauling things back there. I ended up going with a 10 inch roof mount.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Mauno said:
Have any of you had problems with headrest monitors and laying the seats down or forward. I was worried that they would get scratched up when the seats were in the down position--hauling things back there. I ended up going with a 10 inch roof mount.
Do you have pictures of your 10" monitor? How do you like it? I have a 10" monitor as well and am not sure if I like it better than the M&D 9" that fits into the stock housing.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I ended up doing my own. I have an 05 with cloth. I ended up buying a couple of 04 headrest cause they are a bit bigger plus they dont angle up like the 05's. After buying a few junk headrest at the local junkyard I was able to give it some practice. Dealres here is Sac, Cal where trying to charge $100 per headrest. I sd screw that. Did it myself an it looks awesome

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Midnight said:
I am having a hard time finding an installer to put in 7" headrest monitors. I have cloth interior. Any suggestions???

i agree with baseballfanz...there's no shop willing to install? i had mine done by a friend at car toys. avic n1 in-dash with 6.5 touchscreen and 3 7" screens (1 in visor and 2 in headrest). btw, it's a 04 armada.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
sakaze said:
i agree with baseballfanz...there's no shop willing to install? i had mine done by a friend at car toys. avic n1 in-dash with 6.5 touchscreen and 3 7" screens (1 in visor and 2 in headrest). btw, it's a 04 armada.
How did you get the HR in the Visor? I'm also thinking of adding a in dash like that but I'm only thinking of just a Pop out monitor only since O have a PIoneer HU in there. I will be getting the bezel modified.

K

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Djoker04 said:
How did you get the HR in the Visor? I'm also thinking of adding a in dash like that but I'm only thinking of just a Pop out monitor only since O have a PIoneer HU in there. I will be getting the bezel modified.

K

I can't remember the dash kit. I think it was Scoche kit (cost was about $45?). It was easier for me to purchase dash kit than to chop into original dash piece. It's pretty much a straight swap. The only minor inconvenience was the airbag light and ipod plug were relocated on either side.

The visor was (gulp) gutted and the visor bezel was implanted into the visor. It doesn't sit flush against the ceiling but it never stays up anyways, so no biggie. I'll take better pics for y'all next time.

The headrest were basically sliced criss-cross and gutted the foam. Secured the headrest bezel to the metal bar (i think that was what the installer had said) and routed the cables thru the seat.

I got an 06 Titan se cc texas package but not going the same route as the Armada. Just a simple dvd player in the console with visor screen and maybe headrest screens later on. I'll probably patch it in with (unfortunately) an fm modulator. The Armada is more of a weekend/getaway vehicle so I was able to go a little nuts with the install. I want to keep the install in the titan more low key.

When I get the visor done again, I'll make sure to take pics during the install.

I went nuts with my other hobby, computers, so gotta hold back on the toys right now. :D

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Here's some pics of the headrest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I have my headrests tied into the stock DVD player. I had the stereo shop do it for me. THey said it was easy to tap the wires. I got the diagram from llavajump on here.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
djcage69 said:
Djcage69 here, I ordered 2 7" headrest replacement monitors through Mobilevideo4less.com They build the headrests around whatever size monitors you want. They match the fabric and every thing.
Where you happy with the quality of the mobile4less headrest units? I have an 06 Armada, and was looking into purchasing them. I also wanted to purchase the 9" screen for the flip down, I was just wondering if the overhead is already wired for it? Do you or anyone else know?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.