Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such a long day. 8 hours in total without a break but it was worth it.
Wash, Clay Bar, Meguirs medium cut compound, Meguirs Swirl mark cleaner 2.0, 1 wipe down of CQ Eraser, 2 coats of CQuk 3.0 cermaic coating, 1 wipe down of CQ Reload.

Easily the biggest detail I have ever done and that didn't even include coating the wheels or the glass, which I suppose I'll do at some point. The results are nothing short of amazing and this stuff is supposed to last for 2-3 years as opposed to a few months vs regular wax. Time will tell....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just an update. It does really shed water well. Driving 40will remove 90% of the water on the hood.

After a week of collecting dust and a rain here are the before and after.
Large photo of dirt.

The worst angle I could find after the rain.

Mostly clean, just needs a wipe down with some detailer.

Photo before wipe down.

Worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Looks really good, especially on dark colored vehicles. To date, I’ve yet to try ceramic coating on any of our suvs since they’re both white. But if it reduces the amount of times I need to wax our suvs, I’m all for it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up using some griots spray on car wash, like quick detailer but a touch more heavy duty any dust or rain scum were easily wiped away. Took less time than a car wash.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I ended up using some griots spray on car wash, like quick detailer but a touch more heavy duty any dust or rain scum were easily wiped away. Took less time than a car wash.
I'm a huge fan of Griots products (as you can see); simply some of the best out in the market and competitively priced. But the only thing I've found that does better than the Griots spray on car wash is the Chemical Guys Ecosmart Waterless Car Wash & Wax concentrate. Add 8oz. of the concentrate to a gallon of water and you've got yourself (8) 16oz refills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts