Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Armada and the a/c recently went out. I took it to the mechanic and he said the a/c compressor and the expansion valve need to be replaced. He wanted to charge me $1800 to do this. My question is, does anyone know how difficult it is to do it myself and the other question is what brand compressor and expansion valve would be the best to use?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
$270.00 for the kit from Rockauto. I would buy a condenser as well.
The job isn't that bad. The only thing you want to have a shop do is to evacuate and recharge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pic

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Awesome thanks I will have to check that out. Is that a good brand that you would definitely recommend? I have heard that the Denso brand is pretty good, what are your thoughts on that brand.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
If you still have refrigerant in your system you would have to have a shop evacuate it, but you can recharge it yourself, might save a little money that way.

Any of the major auto parts stores have loan a tool programs where you can borrow the gauge set and vacuum pump. It's really easy to do.
Check YouTube for videos on drawing a vacuum and recharging, I've done many, many auto AC systems... Easy Peasy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thanks that will definitely save me some money going that route. As far as the brand goes, Four seasons was mentioned above from Rockauto, what about the brand UAC from Rockauto because that kit comes with the condenser also. Are they both good brands that would be recommended?

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
if you are not comfortable with charging your AC system, you should not attempt. you can overfill or underfill and cause issues. best to have the shop recharge it as well .

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
if you are not comfortable with charging your AC system, you should not attempt. you can overfill or underfill and cause issues. best to have the shop recharge it as well .
Avoid the dealer when ever possible, after 50 years of dodge I dropped them here as their service was SOOOOOOOOOO bad, no mopar car again. Woody

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
cant say i agree with you. ive had good experience from infiniti and nissan in the 15 plus years of owning nissan/infiniti cars.

that said, any reputable AC shop can handle this service though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts