Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABLS, can someone elaborate on how this is better or worst than a true lsd. The guys on clubtitan said even with abls if one wheel spins excessivly the computers wont be able to shift the power to the other wheel. I also heard a complaint about the system being slow to kick in, anyway to speed it up?

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
The system works fairly well. On my Armada it allows wheel spin for a very short time before it kicks in. I don't think you need to be concerned about it, the ABLS does what it was designed to do.
A true limited slip is better because it doesn't cut back on power as the ABLS may.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I've had a lot of offroad trucks and done some serious offroading....

True LSD is ok, however they only last about 70k miles then you have to rebuild the friction plates inside, which is fairly costly. The ABLS is rebuilt every time you get new pads and brake fluid. A locker is better for offroading, since they don't wear out like a standard LSD.

I offroaded my Armada and the ABLS worked fine for everything I could encounter with an Armada unless I lifted it took off the side steps, and removed the front bumper. If I was gonna do that, I'd get it "Lifted and Locked"

-mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.