Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 10 months and 10 visits to the dealer for fixes, I'm about ready to trade in my truck. I love my baby, but in 5 years, she's going to be in pieces. I think I just got one of those faulty ones.. every fix brings up another issue and/or a repeat of the previous... bad brakes, bad windows, bad weather seals, bad tires, squeaks everywhere, scratches and pry marks from window 'repairs,' faulty fuel sensors...

I was wondering if anyone had done any research on the '05 Frontier. Right now I'm looking at getting an '05 NISMO CC Frontier.. a little skeptical due to the issues on my Armada, but I figure they've been making Frontiers for years, they couldn't have messed up that bad.

Good luck to all of you Armada owners. Say, does anyone know anything about buybacks, or maybe getting Nissan to give me a decent trade-in value?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
noticed you are in texas. me too, dallas area.

intersted in selling your rubber floor mats and cargo mat?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Dropped mine off

I dropped mine off for it's 10th visit since Feb. of '04 today as well. I have filed a lemon law claim with Nissan and TXDOT. Brakes are on the 4th repair (last one done about 2k ago) and I have a billion rattles and squeaks, a shimmy at highway speeds that my 5 balance/rotation jobs have not fixed (including road-force), the roof TSB had to be done, etc. etc. etc.

Looks like we're in the same boat. What's really aggrivating is that I've driven some '05 Titans and Armadas and they are night and day different than mine. I just want it fixed!

Let me know how you fare with your buyback and I'll do the same.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I have had nowhere near the problems as you guys, but the problems I do have are fixable..

I would love to know, other then a buyback, how some can get rid of SUV's without taking a major loss.

I was looking up the value of my Armada vs. what I owe and it about made me cry.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my dealer, he said that the sales manager really liked the shape my truck is in. He also said he will get me a great deal on the Frontier. Oh, not to mention, I get a refund on my 7 year warranty. We'll wait and see what they come up with tomorrow. I shouldn't settle, but if I get a new Frontier (sunroof, NISMO, 4x4, VCD, hill control, crew cab, power everything) with some form of extended warranty and about 1K, I'll be happy (the 7 year warranty was 1600 by itself).

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Have you thought about a newer Titan Crew CAb. I think a later build date or even an 05 would have most of the problems you have run into fixed.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was concidering a Titan KC (don't care much for the backseat riders), but I've been reading a lot of people with transmission thumping problems (Same on my Armada going into reverse.. I thought that was normal, lol), a lot of brake problems, and a few people breaking pieces of their truck doing very minimal offroading... Even a few 05s complaining about the same interior squeaks and rattles, and a bunch of other stuff... I'm a bit edgy to go for the Frontier after seeing all of the new Armada and Titan problems.. but they have been making smaller trucks for decades, so these shouldn't be that bad, right?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Leaving the Armada

I have an Armada 7/04 build. I have had no problems other than crappy rotors and my drivers window rattles when its lowered a few inches and you are on a dirt road. My brakes juddered after 3k and was unbearable at 5k, I installed the drilled and slotted rotor and have put 4k on them and they are still smooth as new. If I had the amount of problems some of you guys have been through I would be talking lemon laws as well. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts