Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 QX56- 140k miles

The following warning lights have popped up at the same time on 2-3 occasions. ABS, Brake, Blind Spot, LDP, VDC & VDC Off- See attached pic. The lights pop on and then it feels like a transmission issue. If you turn the truck off and on, it goes away. I did some research and I have narrowed it down to the Battery, Brake Switch, Wheel Bearing, ABS Speed Sensor, Low Brake Fluid, Transmission Speed Sensor, ABS, IDPM, Rotors, Brakes.....

Anyone had this issue? If so, what was cause. Can these codes be pulled from anyone besides the dealer that has CONSULT?

Steven
Annapolis, MD

·
Super Moderator
5,555 Posts
pull the codes from the obd port and start there. as you state, it can be any number of things. you can also search the sub as others have had these lamps popup for similar reasons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@CanyonQX80 - Thanks for the advice. I opened the DAS.pdf and ran the DIAGNOSIS SYSTEM (ADAS CONTROL UNIT) on page 24. Is this the self diag your were instructing me to run or something different? When I ran this the diag the CRUISE lamp blinked and the following numbers displayed: 4, 26, 85 & 127.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Das-45 to das-50 can give you an idea of what to individually check. Find the number, then click on the green link all the way on the right. So, for your numbers....
ABS/TCS/VDC circ
ECD Mode Malf
Side RDR L Malf
VDC Can Cir 2

Then run each diag on each of those subsystems, in the order listed and you'll find the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just Bought a Certified pre-Owned 2019 Nissan Armada SL 4X4 at Bill Ray Nissan with 15K in Orlando last week on 2/2/2020. The next day 2/3 the BCI,VSD and AEB lights lit up while driving it to work. Did not think much of it. Then the car would not start at random times when using the push button start. Sometimes taking several attempts to start and even one time where it would not start at all using the push button and I was forced to use the Remote start on the control, which so far has not failed. I thought it was me since I had had the car only a few days and was fairly new to the push button technology. However after reading the manual intensely and all the posts online it seems Nissan has not addressed this issue, which is obviously a not so rare issue with Armada owners. I bought this Armada after having a 2009 Nissan Armada SE for 11 years, with a great experience. I cannot say the same so far with this second generation of Armadas. Too much technology added and lack of response from Nissan to correct this issue. I just dropped off the car at Bill Seidle's Nissan Dealer service center this morning 2/8/2020 to have them address the issue. I mentioned that I had seen the posts about the issue, and the mechanic was aware of the brake switch issue and that he would look at the car today. We'll see where this goes, but if I have the same poor luck as many on this forum with repeated visits to the Dealer for repairs of the same issue, I will be using the Florida lemon laws which force the manufacturer to purchase the car back from you if they cannot resolve the issue. When I have an update on the issue, I'll update the post.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Usually it is the standard pedal switch relay.
Have you checked it?

Reactions: QX56Black007

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. So far so good . Can’t believe that one small switch could disable the car..... but dealer replaced quickly and no issues since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s such great news. I have an Infiniti M56 and it has had the same problem for years. None of the dealers have figured it out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts