Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have an 07' Nissan Armada. It all started about a couple of months ago intermittently when I slowed to a complete stop then brakes would pulsate as if the abs is engaging. It only did this when I was coming to a complete stop. About a week ago it started getting worse. I replaced the ABS sensors rotors and pads. bleed the brakes all the way around. seemed like it went away until the next day. Then the ABS VDC SLIP and 4wheel drive lights would pop on (No Brake light on). When the lights came on no braking problem just have no ABS. The light would come on when I did about 25 mph. and not go back off until I shut the car off. I read dozens of blogs. I then replaced the master cylinder and ABS module. Still the same problem. I've read about getting the ABS module reprogramed at the dealer. Some say it may be the hubs. At my wits end! Also didn't buy factory ABS sensors from Nissan. Bought OEM aftermarket about $40 a piece. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Please help!
Larry

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
The first gens were notorious with this particular issue. For most, it required the replacement of the brake booster because of the delta stroke sensor going bad.
Best to have your truck checked with a scan tool that can diagnose ABS related DTCs. Back when I had my 04, it ended up being the brake pressure sensors which threw a C1142 DTC and not the brake booster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first gens were notorious with this particular issue. For most, it required the replacement of the brake booster because of the delta stroke sensor going bad.
Best to have your truck checked with a scan tool that can diagnose ABS related DTCs. Back when I had my 04, it ended up being the brake pressure sensors which threw a C1142 DTC and not the brake booster.
Thanks replaced the master cylinder had new pressure sensors on it. May have to get it scanned. Thanks

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Don't be surprised if it shows up again on a hot day, I went through a number of boosters over a period of time until they figured out it was the pressure sensors, no more problem since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts