Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

AC Mode Select Trouble & 02 Sensors

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Chacen Smith 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im having an issue with my 2008 Armada where the AC/heat blows bi-level at all times, no matter what mode i have selected. Now i replaced the actuator up by the gas pedal and can now get feet only, defroster only, but if i out it on vent only it still blows out bi-level. Any help?

Next question is i am about to go with a new stage 2 cajun exhaust setup and with 200k on the odo i would like to replace all the 02 sensors at the same time but im finding conflicting answers on how many there actually are and the locations.

Thanks so much in advanced!

#2 ·
there are 3 actuators i think inside the dash. i think there is one mid way in the dash that is the most common. the way nissan techs try to see if they can "unstick" a door is to turn the fan on full blast, then , using the manual button, start at the top vents that blow to the windscreen, then to then to the middle, then to the floor. keep the setting for about 15 seconds before you switch to the next. sometimes this can unstick a door. if that wont work (maybe it try it a couple times) you may need to replace.

as for your o2 question, see the attached pdf, perhaps it can help...

curious, what sources are you polling that are giving you conflicting answers? if you searched this forum you would have find it right away.. :)

Attachments

#5 ·
There are (2) upstream A/F sensors, bank 1 & bank 2. One on each exhaust manifold.

There are (2) downstream O2 sensors, bank1 & bank 2. Those are the sensors found on the b-pipes; the diagram marctronixx posted shows the b-pipes.

Reactions: marctronixx
#8 ·
Im looking forward to it for sure.. i love the truck, i just spent a whole bunch of dough rebuilding the suspension, now onto the exhaust, then onto cosmetics.. somewhere in there i need to get this AC issue figured out because we are breakimg records here in phoenix!

Hey fellas, i finally think i have my actuator issue all the way licked (just in time for my exhaust to arrive on tuesday!!) But can someone tell me, what actuator controls the vents in the back of the center console? Mine blow full strength no matter where i have the mode set.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.