Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-

My husband just bought us a black (galaxy) '05 Armada SE....BUT we got the LE grille put on....had to have it. I LOVE it! the body is So different from what is out there now. It really is a sharp looking SUV.
My questions are :
-Does anyone know the dimensions to the tow hitch receiver? I want to get a cover for it

- Does anyone know if it is hard to find the exact dimension of rims in chrome? I want to buy chrome rims BUT don't want to buy new tires.
Does Nissan carry chrome wheels for the Armada?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
2" receiver hitch.
You can get the rims chromed at a fairly decent price when you compare what new rims would be. I want to say somewhere around $600. You might check with a local infiniti dealer, sometimes they have take offs that you might get a good deal on and only need to get nissan centers for the rims. (from the QX56)

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out the dealers.
Can you send pics of your Armada, I want to see what you've done to it. Would you recommend the window visors ....is it for looks or for keeping noise level down?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Rims

weezr17 said:
Hey everyone-

My husband just bought us a black (galaxy) '05 Armada SE....BUT we got the LE grille put on....had to have it. I LOVE it! the body is So different from what is out there now. It really is a sharp looking SUV.
My questions are :
-Does anyone know the dimensions to the tow hitch receiver? I want to get a cover for it

- Does anyone know if it is hard to find the exact dimension of rims in chrome? I want to buy chrome rims BUT don't want to buy new tires.
Does Nissan carry chrome wheels for the Armada?
You can get factory chrome rims from Nissan if you like, but of course it may be a little costly, I purchased the rims myself, ( I got a hook-up) :2cool: because I wanted chrome but didn't want all the "show" I justwanted a nice look but not trashy ;)

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEY KLONDIKE,

You sound like me. Don't want to totally pimp my Armada out, just want the factory/plain chrome rims.....I think it finishes the truck off nicely. Actually .....I do like the look of the billet grills. So, who hooked you up???

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
weezr17 said:
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out the dealers.
Can you send pics of your Armada, I want to see what you've done to it. Would you recommend the window visors ....is it for looks or for keeping noise level down?

Here's a photo of the windflectors. I recommend them for both looks and function. You can crack the window and keep the temp down in the summer without anyone walking by being able to tell. Or crack the windo in a rainstorm without getting wet, they also keep the wind noise down some. Make sure not to get the dark ones though as there already is a wide blind area created by the A pillar and the dark ones will just about block what view you have between the a pillar and mirror. The ones I have are the normal smoke ones.

You'd also posted on billet grilles so here is a photo of my Street Scene grille (chrome) and the MrGilles brushed aluminum one it replaced.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Hey LLajumpvid-

Thanks for the pics. Your car looks great! So would you recomend stainless steel or aluminum for the billet grille and is it better to be bolted in then tied? Oh, and for the visors..... do you recommend the taped ones or the ones that fit right into the window track?
Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I like the chrome but the brushed aluminum looked good to because it added just a little bit of a different tone that set it off. It don't matter how its connected the ties are just as strong as the clips or bolt on kind.

DO NOT get the stick on window flectors they look like crap IMO. I'll try and find the place I got mine at. I they are either called weathertech or weatherflector I'll have to look

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info llajumpvid and Nathan!

I didn't think the stick on ones sounded too good. Just wanted to make sure. I'll look for WADE on ebay or WHEATHERFLRCTOR.

So, llajumpvid......why did you decide to go with a grille with holes? Was it mostly personal preference? Oh, and what about stainless steel grilles, are those okay too?

Sorry about all these questions. Am I the only woman on this site?!
What's your real name llajumpvid?
Thanks again guys!
~Chera Lynn~

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
SS Grille

Hey where did you buy the SS Grille? I want to get those for my 2005 SE. BTW your truck looks Great. I am also planning to put those wind deflectors.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
weezr17 said:
Thanks for the info llajumpvid and Nathan!

I didn't think the stick on ones sounded too good. Just wanted to make sure. I'll look for WADE on ebay or WHEATHERFLRCTOR.

So, llajumpvid......why did you decide to go with a grille with holes? Was it mostly personal preference? Oh, and what about stainless steel grilles, are those okay too?

Sorry about all these questions. Am I the only woman on this site?!
What's your real name llajumpvid?
Thanks again guys!
~Chera Lynn~
Your asking me to reveal my secret identity????

I went with the StreetScene for two reasons the first being the MrGrille I first bought (based on price off of ebay) whistled, the second is it has more open area and I figured it to be less likely to whistle or cause overheating.

It's all personal preference on chrome, stainless, aluminum material imo, I don't really know of the benefits of one over the other.

If you are likely to be going through some offroad excursions I'd steer away from the Street Scene, it's not really that strong and could dent fairly easy. The ones that fit flat against the factory grille are strong though.

On the window flectors mine are made by weathertech and are called weatherflectors. They run about $100 for a set of 4. I haven't seen the Wades but hear they are pretty much equal to the weathertechs at about 1/2 the price. I had good luck with the weathertechs on my Xterra and so I went with them again...that and I didn't know anything about the Wades at the time.

Lonnie
oops I slipped :3d_049:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HEY LONNIE!

You let the cat outta the bag, huh? I won't tell.

Once again thanks for the helpful tips. Do the IN-CHANNEL flectors come with ANY TAPE? I saw WADES flectors and it said IN-CHANEL and on the next line it said came with tape....MMMM? Don't get it??? :confused: So the ones I should get you DO NOT need ANY TAPE what so ever?

As far as the Grille....mmmmmm....Don't know if I want horizontal or the holy grille...hee, hee.

Do you think $900 is worth spending on factory CHROME rims? This guys was selling them on e-bay.
Talk to ya later!
~CHERA LYNN~

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I feel like i'm stepping in the middle, but here are my thoughts. I have the wades and the tape they are reffering to is along the top edge of the flector. So when it is installed and the window is shut the tape adheres to the channel in the door. Hope that makes sense. I thought I recently read that someone with the "holy grill" had mentioned an increase in engine and tranny temperature. I could be wrong. I think it's just a preference. Seems like more people have the horizontal, I prefer the vertical. Sounds expensive for the rims. I thought there was a company where
you could send in your stock wheels and have them chromed for less than that.
Yep here it is. Old link but I can't imagine price has gone up $350.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7940721934&category=43961

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I agree with cfranzen, $900 is too much. Check your local area for someone who might be able to chrome your wheels and you could save a bit not having to ship them. The weathertech have no tape on the front and some on the back flectors like cfranzed says the Wades have.

The front are held in by litterally wedging them in place, so you don't want to do it when its cold out as you have to put a pretty good bow in them to get them into the channel.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys!

I think I would prefer flectors that have NO tape.
Thanks for the site of the Chrome exchange....I have seen that before BUT a little uncomfortable buying online. The exchange wants like $500 and then like another $500 for a deposit.....which you DO get back BUT what if they scam me and I DON'T get that extra $500 back. I would be SO PISSED!
I have never seen the vertical grille, do you have that cfranzen? MMMM, don't get me really confused now. So many too choose from! :clueless:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will post pictures when I get the grille installed. BTW has anyone tried to install an aftermarket Nav? I had a quote from 6ave store for $2,300 a Kenwood 4100/DDX7014 install. What do you guys think?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts