Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Just want to tell you guys I have this in my own Titan and love it. It killed the engine tick I had and start ups are quicker and the Titan idles smoother. By grounding out the different components of the engine and transmission you can also get better radio performance for those with aftermarket stereo setups. Less interference is a good thing.
I give 2 thumbs up to this mod.
cheap mod too
M4ck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
253 Posts
How difficult was the install? I am confident I could do it, but your experience would be appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
919 Posts
edit post ..

I've placed my order .. I finally made a decision on the color!

The install instructions at the activetuning site look pretty clear enough for a novice mechanic like me .. lol .. I was able to install the spiderweb grille so I'm feeling confident ..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
I have a stock radio, which the dealer has already replaced with another stock radio due to bad/poor reception, but I still have that problem, will active tuning kit fix this problem?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ggeorgie said:
I have a stock radio, which the dealer has already replaced with another stock radio due to bad/poor reception, but I still have that problem, will active tuning kit fix this problem?
It definately won't agravate the problem. I doubt it will help with reception though. Have them check the antennea wiring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
llajumpvid said:
It definately won't agravate the problem. I doubt it will help with reception though. Have them check the antennea wiring.
I read it helps with better Mileage, How many more miles/Gallon we are talking about?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
ggeorgie said:
I read it helps with better Mileage, How many more miles/Gallon we are talking about?
I think we're talking fractions of a mile/gallon, not plural (miles/gallon) here. My mileage varies enough that it may be difficult to track this change but I am interested to see if over several tanks there is a 1/10 or so difference. Even at 1/10 MPG. I am skeptical that it will even be that. At $3/gallon payback is only 1600 miles. My main reason for the kit is payback on service life of the electrical system and components. All of the electronic controls and gadgets will last longer with good grounding.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top