Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to add the factory NAV/Tech system? I have an 04 LE without the nav system and now I wish I got it. I am interested to see if you think I can order all the parts needed. And does anyone know the parts?

Just wondering, I know it would be expensive but I am still very interested in doing it anyway.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Me thinks it be impossible

I personally though of this but think it would be difficult considering all that needs adding and replacing...

If you look at the factory service manual you can see the two systems Bose vs Nav are totally different.

You would have to add at a minimum to your LE

Nav Screen Pod
Nav Screen
Nav Wiring
Audio Controls Panel
DVD Nav Player under passenger seat
Wiring to DVD Nav Player under seat
Nav Anteanna and wiring
Nav computer and wiring

The subsequent connectors should be the same I would assume.. I am seriously considering trading my 04 in on a 06 when they come out and get it loaded with all the goodies including NAV/DVD, for now I am simply using a Magellan Merdian for my Navigation and living without the other electronic functions of the Nav System.

My Lexus has the Nav in it and I barely ever glance at it. I would however like the electronic functions of user programming the Nav Provides. My 04 Grand Cherokee had these functions in an overhead console that I would think they should add to the Armada.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
done!

Oshay1 said:
Has anyone tried to add the factory NAV/Tech system? I have an 04 LE without the nav system and now I wish I got it. I am interested to see if you think I can order all the parts needed. And does anyone know the parts?

Just wondering, I know it would be expensive but I am still very interested in doing it anyway.

Thanks

I have a Pioneer 6.5" Touchscreen Voice Command Nav Unit Installed in my 2004 Armada SE.

Cost...lots of fabrication with molding in the screen into the factoy dash.

1--OEM NON-Bose dash $175
1--Pioneer Avic-88DVD w/610 touchsceen Retails $2000
1--Labor $50hr x 10 (lots of it fabrication)

Pro's

1-Factory OEM Rear DVD plays on front nav screen
2-Back-up Rear Camera Intergration(comes on when in reverse)
3-Touchscreen
4-Voice command!+++++++++++++great!!

Con's

1-Cost
2-Fabrication Time

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
gshadow325 said:
I have a Pioneer 6.5" Touchscreen Voice Command Nav Unit Installed in my 2004 Armada SE.

Cost...lots of fabrication with molding in the screen into the factoy dash.

1--OEM NON-Bose dash $175
1--Pioneer Avic-88DVD w/610 touchsceen Retails $2000
1--Labor $50hr x 10 (lots of it fabrication)

Pro's

1-Factory OEM Rear DVD plays on front nav screen
2-Back-up Rear Camera Intergration(comes on when in reverse)
3-Touchscreen
4-Voice command!+++++++++++++great!!

Con's

1-Cost
2-Fabrication Time
Do you have any pics...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ikon
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing