Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the factory DVD has RCA video outputs that are accessible? I want to simply add a second display off the factory dvd system.

Basically "splice" the video signal into a second display. Maybe need a signal booster or something?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
andy said:
Does anyone know if the factory DVD has RCA video outputs that are accessible? I want to simply add a second display off the factory dvd system.

Basically "splice" the video signal into a second display. Maybe need a signal booster or something?
I don't think there are RCA's Its just a video +/- wire that you could easily cut into and run to to a splitter. The wiring diagram shows individual wires running to a harness is why I'm guessing this. I would be very suprised if you don't need a video signal booster.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which wiring diagram do you have? I've got the cd but can't find any wiring diagrams. Are there detailed diagrams available somewhere?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
andy said:
Which wiring diagram do you have? I've got the cd but can't find any wiring diagrams. Are there detailed diagrams available somewhere?
Look under the AV section.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Any idea if the video out + and video out - are the same levels as rca jacks? Wonder if I can wire these 2 wires to a rca jack, run it into a booster with multiple outpts, and drive a couple more displays. Or at least one more in the front of car.

Thanks for posting the wiring diagram!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
andy said:
Thanks. Any idea if the video out + and video out - are the same levels as rca jacks? Wonder if I can wire these 2 wires to a rca jack, run it into a booster with multiple outpts, and drive a couple more displays. Or at least one more in the front of car.

Thanks for posting the wiring diagram!
That's exactly how I would do it.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I'll take pictures and post if it works. If it doesn't and I blow something up, I never touched anything. Just in case Nissan is reading this.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Works great. I simply found the VTR+ and VTR- wires under the DVD player, cut about half inch of insulation away, soldered a 22gauge wire on both and connected to a RCA jack. It plugs straight into the input of a second 7" DVD monitor no problem.
The only thing is that both monitors get a little darker, barely. So I'm going to try both a passive Rockford Fosgate composite video splitter($30) and a powered video splitter from Power Acoustiq($100) and see if both monitors get brighter again.

I'm trying to figure out where to mount the second dvd monitor. Somewhere up front. Maybe where the factory NAV would normally go.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I want to run a second monitor in the passengers sun visor, but I am afraid cause of the curtain airbags. Anybody here ever install on in the visor?

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
jyruiz said:
I want to run a second monitor in the passengers sun visor, but I am afraid cause of the curtain airbags. Anybody here ever install on in the visor?
I don't think its gonna a problem for the curtain air bags, I think I would becareful with California laws :cool:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
does anyone have some more datails on this ?? like pictures or detailed info as to what color the wires are and maybe where they are located ?? also, which booster worked out best for you ?? i have the stock nav system so i am planing on runing the signal fro the stock dvd player to the nav screen with the help of the kit from tvnav2go.com and a switch...

thank you for any answers on this...

Luigi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts