Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the backup camera in my Nissan Quest, and I guess I got spoiled by it. I'm thinking I want to install one on my Armada.
Just a few questions for the more experienced and gurus:

1. Is the wiring already there (as is the case with the fog lamps)?

2. Is it a plug and play system if I get the OEM module (I have the color display and back up sensors)?

3. Are there any aftermarket kits that anyone has used/likes/recommends?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
My 04 LE didn't come with the factory backup camera. When I installed headrest monitors, I also added a Pyle rear view camera. To be able to watch movies on the OEM nav screen and for it to switch automatically when shifting to Reverse, I also had to install a TVandNav2GO interface. The interface is plug and play and I tapped into the reverse light bulb wires (+,-)for the camera.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply primoV8. Since you have some experience, was the factory harness for the camera there already, or did you have to run wires?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
My 04 LE has the factory nav/dvd setup and I recall it not having any source for a camera.
The TVandNav2Go interface made it very easy since it has the additional input for a camera and is completely plug and play.
The only wire running from the rear camera to the center console where I had the interface installed was the video(Y) output.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have a 2010 Armada, No Navigation or other pluses. If I add a Backup Camera, is there a spot to plug it in on the center console screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the backup camera in my Nissan Quest, and I guess I got spoiled by it. I'm thinking I want to install one on my Armada.
Just a few questions for the more experienced and gurus:

1. Is the wiring already there (as is the case with the fog lamps)?

2. Is it a plug and play system if I get the OEM module (I have the color display and back up sensors)?

3. Are there any aftermarket kits that anyone has used/likes/recommends?
Wiring is not there . Control module on driver side behind the rear quarter panel . Not their . Then u need to deal with the display in the dash . I did my 2015 armada a big pain in the ass . Could get the controller to work correctly with ac and radio control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts