Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea how much and how tough it would be to add fogs to an SE? I assume that OEM would probably be the best fit or are there better options? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
OEM might be nice for the fit and wiring harness (I'd bet there is an unused plug on your wiring harness up front), but not sure what you'd do about a switch. My LE fog lights work off of a twist dial on the left stalk off the steering wheel.

As an aside, my fog lights aren't all that great in terms of light output. Would like something brighter. And the lights only work with the headlights on - not with the parking lights or when all other lights are off.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
The factory fog lamp kit includes fog lamps, easy to follow directions, and the light switch stalk to control the fog lamps. It's a very easy install, it took me about 20 min. to install mine. Purchased mine off Ebay.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04ArmadaGalaxySE4x2 said:
The factory fog lamp kit includes fog lamps, easy to follow directions, and the light switch stalk to control the fog lamps. It's a very easy install, it took me about 20 min. to install mine. Purchased mine off Ebay.

Thanks for the replies. BTW how much did you pay if you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I paid $155.00 plus shiping but they were for the my titan. I think they are the same as the armada. If you order them from the same place I did they will cost $170.00 now I think. They were on sale when I bought them. I got them from nissanparts.com.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fog install

My dealer could not find fogs as an accessory for a 2004 Armada, only for 2005. He then wants $200 and labor for installation. He thinks it may be about 1 hour of labor. :rolleyes:

Can I get some details on the control install? I assume the Armada SE is pre-wired for the fogs?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
The new signal stalk will replace your old one. There are three phelps screws in the bottom of your stering colume cover. Remove these three screws and take the top cover off. The stalk is held in by two clips one at the bottom and one at the top. Gently pry the top and bottom clip up and pull the stalk out. Then just plug your new stalk in and replace the top cover.

If you want to make sure your armada is prewired just look under your front bumper. Around were the back of the fog lights would be there should be a wire with a plug on the end of it.

The fog lights for the titan are $169.15 at nissanparts247.com are you can call 1800-689-6560 and ask for Jamie. He will be able to tell you if the titan lights and armada lights are the same.

DO NOT pay your dealer to do this install for you. It should only take you 15 to 30 minutes to do it yourself. VERY EASY

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pre-wired?

04ArmadaGalaxySE4x2 said:
I pick up the Armada on Monday and just want to verify if ALL 2004 SEs come pre-wired for fog.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
kytitan said:
The new signal stalk will replace your old one. There are three phelps screws in the bottom of your stering colume cover. Remove these three screws and take the top cover off. The stalk is held in by two clips one at the bottom and one at the top. Gently pry the top and bottom clip up and pull the stalk out. Then just plug your new stalk in and replace the top cover.

If you want to make sure your armada is prewired just look under your front bumper. Around were the back of the fog lights would be there should be a wire with a plug on the end of it.

The fog lights for the titan are $169.15 at nissanparts247.com are you can call 1800-689-6560 and ask for Jamie. He will be able to tell you if the titan lights and armada lights are the same.

DO NOT pay your dealer to do this install for you. It should only take you 15 to 30 minutes to do it yourself. VERY EASY
from the sounds of it, this is a simple "plug n play" install for both signal stalk and fog lights.

is this the case?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so slooooooowwwww (WARNING: RANT)

kytitan said:
sorry nissanparts247.com
Not only is their website kinda lame but $16 for Shipping to the Cincinnati area for fogs is 2x what it should be. Granted that is still a few $ cheaper then courtesynissan.com. My main complaint is you don't know what stage of processing the order is in or even if the item is in stock. If you sell items ONLINE then set up a system for customers to check up on their order. And BTW the $16 is for UPS ground, for that kind of money I probably would expect 2nd day air. And I really don't want to hear that a $8.00 'handling charge' for a probably 5 minute packing job is a valid expense.

:Steps off soap box :eek:

I guess I have to call Jamie again tomorrow to find out when the fogs are shipping or if they have been shipped.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Wait untill you get the box with your fogs in it and open it up. You'll be like I paid almost $200.00 for THIS! lol

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
kytitan said:
Wait untill you get the box with your fogs in it and open it up. You'll be like I paid almost $200.00 for THIS! lol
why do you say that?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Sorry, it was just diapointing for me when I opened the box. I feelt like for what I paid there should of been more to it than a couple of lights and a signal stalk. More of what I don't know maybe a naked woman :eek:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
fog lights

I am an accountant, not a mechanic, and it only took me about 15 minutes to add the fog lights to my armada. The wires are already there. the lights hook up in about two minutes- literally just snap in. The stalk is easy, but getting the cover off around the steering wheel causes a few anixous moments. Just pry it off using a spatula or something on either side of the screw driver to keep it from damaging the plastic cover and go for it. It is easy. I am not sure it is worth it however. The fog lights are not effective, merely cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
LFranklin said:
I am an accountant, not a mechanic, and it only took me about 15 minutes to add the fog lights to my armada. The wires are already there. the lights hook up in about two minutes- literally just snap in. The stalk is easy, but getting the cover off around the steering wheel causes a few anixous moments. Just pry it off using a spatula or something on either side of the screw driver to keep it from damaging the plastic cover and go for it. It is easy. I am not sure it is worth it however. The fog lights are not effective, merely cosmetic.
oh man, if an accountant can do........i can certainly do it!!! lol :D

i'm kidding!

do you have an SE? how easily does the "caps" come off? the ones that cover where the actual lights go into?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MacFly said:
oh man, if an accountant can do........i can certainly do it!!! lol :D

i'm kidding!

do you have an SE? how easily does the "caps" come off? the ones that cover where the actual lights go into?
Caps come of easily (instructions are included). I am NOT mechanically inclined and I was done in about 30 minutes. 25 minutes were spent trying to align and snap together the steering column cover (last step).

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
LFranklin said:

I didn't care either way about fog lights..but my wife likes them...so she went to the dealer and asked them to give her a price. They called later in the day and quoted her at 350 installed. I had looked out on courtesynissan.com and saw they were going for 180.
I'm definitely not a mechanic, and NEVER do work on my cars. But I just couldn't see spending an extra 170 dollars for something that would/should be pretty easy to install. This thread was my main influence in the decision to buy online. Thank you all very much for saving me almost 200 bucks. Installed in 15 minutes!

Todd

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I am really gonna make you sick, BUT i sell them for 179.99 and I offer a 10% discount to club members which brings then down to about 162.00 plus shipping. But hey the egg is already broken right... At least you can enjoy the fog lights anyway!

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
fog lights

Just wanted to add another voice to how easy it is to install. I don't even change my own oil and it took me about 20 minutes.. It's "plug and play." HOWEVER, all you're going to get is a bulb in place of a hole in your bumper...they don't work well at all...and beware of aftermarket fogs, I have seen one guy that put real fogs into that plastic housing and the heat melted it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
texasarmada
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing