Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anybody has done this mod yet? I have mine ordered and they should be in today at my Nissan dealership. They want $100.00 to install them. I was wondering how hard this is or should I just throw them the keys. I have the Gold plan for a warranty and if they do it, it should be covered. If anyone has the service manual would you please show it? I have put them on other vehicles and I am not sure if it is the same on ours.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Throw the kesy at them. it's only 100 bucks.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I've actually thought about having the Titan tow mirrors put on the Armada as well .. as I expect to do "some" towing ..

I was wondering .. has anyone used those temporary, strap on/slip on towing extension mirrors? Useful .. not useful? Some better than others?

As for having the Titan mirrors installed? Yeah, I'd go w/the dealer .. $50 per side ($100) .. saves me from the possiblility of messing something up and having to bring to dealer anyway (or scratching the paint) ...

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
inqui-Z-tor said:
I've actually thought about having the Titan tow mirrors put on the Armada as well .. as I expect to do "some" towing ..

I was wondering .. has anyone used those temporary, strap on/slip on towing extension mirrors? Useful .. not useful? Some better than others?

I tried the strap-on mirrors. Totally useless, the clips made it so that you couldn't adjust the main mirrors correctly, and the strap-on's just vibrated like crazy at any speed over about 30 mph.

I have also thought about the Titan tow mirrors, but the extra width, even when in the inner most position, will make it even tougher to get the truck in the garage. My trailer is 8' wide, and the stock mirrors are adequate for lane changes, etc.

Keith

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Dealer it, as long as he is willing to call them the Armada Big Tow mirrors like they are labeled in the Armada Brochure. ;)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These mirrors are awesome!

I have the Big Tow mirrors on the Mada, and I don't know how I towed anything before. This was a great investement in ease and safety. I will post some pics as soon as I get it cleaned up from camping.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Are the "Big Tow" mirrors chrome like the Madas? Also, do they have the puddle lights, and memory features? I'd love to have them, the Mada mirrors aren't great for towing my boat, I've tried the clip/strap on mirrors, and they do suck, plus they will mark up the chrome on your mirrors.

I'd love to see pix of someone that did it.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think they come with the puddle lights. I know they have the memory option because there was a price difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I was at the dealership today buying a bug guard and got an Armada accessories catalog, they are in the catalog shown on an Armada. Dealer told me they are $425, and he would give me 15% off of that number. He didn't know if they had the puddle lights, but it doesnt look like it from the photo (tough to tell though). The price above is for the LE with memory style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts