Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed one of these intakes a couple weeks ago and it seems that my gas mileage has dropped significantly. I don't think I did anything wrong but am beginning to wonder. Any else have any problems with this? I was getting around 300 miles on a tank. Now I am struggling to get 250. HELP!!! :confused:

Big Rick :mad:

· Premium Member
264 Posts
rlmu59 said:
I just installed one of these intakes a couple weeks ago and it seems that my gas mileage has dropped significantly. I don't think I did anything wrong but am beginning to wonder. Any else have any problems with this? I was getting around 300 miles on a tank. Now I am struggling to get 250. HELP!!! :confused:

Big Rick :mad:
THEN STOP FLOORING IT EVERY 2 SECONDS!!!!! lol, umm you might try the ecu reset if you havent already done it. I dunno if it'll help or not.

-Son of SQS

· Premium Member
496 Posts
Not there

The how-to video is no longer at that link. If you want it PM me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you. It's a pretty big vid file (about 25 MB) Or I guess I could just post it again when I get the chance.

· Premium Member
669 Posts
rlmu59 said:
How would I do that?
This is ALL you need to do...

Copied from a Titan member, and done by me yesterday after installing my AEM.

"Timing is not as critical with this method...no stop watch needed. Just
count in your head...one-one thousand, two-one thounsand, etc, or use stop
watch. The most critical step is step #3....wait 10 sec, instead of 7.

1. Ignition "ON", count to 3.
2. Depress/Release pedal 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 (not 7!) and fully depress pedal
4. Count to 12 (SES should be blinking), release pedal
5. Count to 10, depress pedal
6. Count to 10, release pedal.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.