Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, after a full year of battling with brakes, rattles, fit and finish issues, rattles, shifter problems, rattles, rattles, rattles, rattles, and more rattles, I'm finally at a point where I'm really enjoying my Armada.

I've got one dash rattle that pops up every once in a while, but the rest are gone. My stereo project has finally come to an end with a new box and amp install, satellite radio's installed, PAC SWI-x is installed, and everything is working great.

The powertrain has been the reason I've kept it. It tows like a dream, and the other day I spanked a hemi ext. cab handily. :)

The newest brake fix with the redesigned parts have been working great. The pads produce quite a bit less dust, and stopping is smooth as silk. For those of you waiting for the "permanent" fix, you're going to be very happy with it. I've put around 1k on them, and it's better than it's ever been.

Ahhh..some sanity. I just had to put back some positive vibe back in the old karma pool since I've been a whiny bitch in the past. So I guess the moral is, if you're still battling the demons, don't give up!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, then

Audio pics as requested:

Box is a nice little downfire that is perfectly flat. My audio guys hooked me up- the amp is mounted in my rear trey area and is completely out of view. It's all very cool as I have my 3rd row when I need it or I can stack on the box if need be when it's in 'cargo mode'.

Subs are MB Quart 12's (2), Amp is a Soundstream Van Gogh 800.5 and is driving the subs and 4 MB Quart component sets. Head unit is a Premier Deh-p930. The system sounds great and is huge sounding but very clean.

Anyway, the pics:

Jason over at Burtman is hooking me up with a different radio bezel cover (thanks!) that should match a little more than the one I got from edash. If you're looking for a dash kit he's the guy!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Yeh I have the carbon fiber kit from www.burtmanindustries.com I really really like it. Especially when the sun is out. Its real carbon fiber not some fake stuff. By the way great pictures and I am drooling all over my keyboard. I love it. I have been keeping my eyes out for my audio upgrade. Haven't made any big decisions yet.
m4ck

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
95% rattle free now for the last 2 weeks and its soo much nicer...its amazing how much a few constant rattles can ruin your opinion of the vehicle. I still have two that show up between 60 and 70 degrees from the back two doors though. I know they are coming from the door trim. That is where my last front row rattle was coming from on the passenger side. The dealer fixed it with some felt tape.

Sooo I think I will pull the panels off and put some sound deadening in and felt tape.....where do you get felt tape :huh:. Second, how hard is it to get the panels off...is it likely they won't go back on and stay on? The reason I ask is I took panels off another vehicle once and the clips would never stay in after that.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easy

It's quite easy to get the panels off, and you should'nt have any trouble with the reassembly. There are 5 screws- 2 behind the door pull, 2 behind the handle, and one behind the armrest. Be careful pulling the armrest up- pull from the back and kind of push in and pull up at the same time. The rest of the door panel is held on by these little tree-things that just snap back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts