Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped it off at a local mechanic and they had it all day, and they can't find a problem.

I asked them to hold on to it for the night and we'll see what happens in the morning. I so regret getting this vehicle and now is not the time to replace it with the price gouging going on. I have a 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer with 143k miles that fires up right away with a 10 year old battery in it. Normally this time of year it goes in to storage for the winter due to the corrosive salt and chemicals we use on the roads in Massachusetts. I guess I'm going to have to drive the Bronco this winter and take it to car washes every few days if this issue can't be figured out.

I'm going to have them swap the battery and see if that helps or at least start eliminating components.

·
Registered
296 Posts
-Disconnect harness from the sensor on negative battery terminal. Just unplug and tape off the end that goes into the harness. Known issue, read all about it on here. Your ECM is never allowing the battery to charge at a healthy voltage. YMMV, I am not a mechanic.
-Certain years have recalls and TSB's for an ECM re-flash directly related to battery drain, worth having a Nissan dealer run the VIN. Depending on year, dealers are even depinning the sensor that I mentioned above. Disconnecting the sensor accomplishes the same thing as the dealer depinning it.
-Also, batteries do just fail. Where I work we have hundreds of batteries in PV applications. When we start experiencing a voltage sag issue or inverters tripping, the first thing we do is load test individual batteries. I have had batteries fail in 1 year and some last 8-10.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
106 Posts
-Disconnect harness from the sensor on negative battery terminal. Just unplug and tape off the end that goes into the harness. Known issue, read all about it on here. Your ECM is never allowing the battery to charge at a healthy voltage. YMMV, I am not a mechanic.
-Certain years have recalls and TSB's for an ECM re-flash directly related to battery drain, worth having a Nissan dealer run the VIN. Depending on year, dealers are even depinning the sensor that I mentioned above. Disconnecting the sensor accomplishes the same thing as the dealer depinning it.
-Also, batteries do just fail. Where I work we have hundreds of batteries in PV applications. When we start experiencing a voltage sag issue or inverters tripping, the first thing we do is load test individual batteries. I have had batteries fail in 1 year and some last 8-10.
👍🏻👍🏻 two thumbs up to OBX - clear executable direction here. Hard to find online these days.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts