Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen posts touching on the Bose speaker wiring (only one wire running to each speaker) and others say there are 2 (pos & neg) but I would like a definitive answer. Well I have 2 questions:

I am about to put in a Kenwood deck,

1.) If I purchase a wirining harness (crutchfeld) will all of my speakers still work or will just the front and rear door speakers? Left and Right that is.... I think that this is the case because the harnesses usually only has front and rear connections. I am hoping that the sub and dash speakers are tied into the front and rear somehow but that is just wishful thinking. If what I have read in a few posts is true, then none of the speakers should work (Bose Wiring). Man I hate that damn Blose system!

2.) Has anyone replaced the door/dash speakers and been able to use the existing Bose wiring?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I believe that poohdaddy was successful in changing out the Bose deck and using the stock speakers for now. How many speakers work, hopefully poohdaddy can answer...

I REALLY want to change out my Bose deck also, but I am unsure of how that will change the speaker capabilities since I have the stock DVD system. Does anyone know? Maybe I have to get certain decks with audio inputs?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I had the non-Bose system ans used the Crutchfield harness, all speakers still work.

not sure about the Bose system

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
OH, my bad, I thought you had the Bose. The light at the end of the tunnel just turned off. LOL! Can anyone else help with the stupid Bose system?

I know that in my wife's 99TL with Bose, I just replaced the deck using and adapter harness and all speakers worked. I still haven't changed the Bose speakers out, but they all work fine. I was just hoping this was the case with the Armada. I haven't had an oppurtunity to pull a speaker out, but in the TL every speaker had two wires. Everyone I have spoken too just say the Bose head unit doesn't have power, it uses and external amp and runs the speakers at very low ohms (.5 I believe). They say that you can use the wires with no problem. If you are going to go high end stuff, they recommend that you pull more wires. Hope this helps!!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If you have Navigation, forget it. The Bose speakers use 2 wires. I verified this for myself. No speaker can use one wire because the voice coil in each speaker require a positive and negative input. If you replace the head unit in the Bose system without Navigation, remember you will still be using the Bose amp to power the Bose speakers since the amp is external to the head unit. Unless you rewire everything, the sound should be very similar to what you have now because all of the equalization is done within the Bose amp. Pac-Audio makes a harness that "T's" into the OEM harness between the head unit and Bose amp. This harness, along with their RCA adaptor will provide you with front and rear RCA pre-out. Is it the best signal quality? No. It is very good, and about the best you will get without shelling some serious $$$. I use the RCA adaptor to power some subs. IMO this Bose system has enough highs to leave the stock speakers alone. The Bose in my Murano was terrible compared to this set-up.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help fellas. The harness worked great and surprisingly the factory speakers sound great. I installed a Kenwood KDC-MP628 deck w/ an Audiobahn A8000T mono sub amp pushing 2 Sony 12's. I also slapped on some Panther 22's the same day. Here are a few pics, (http://clubarmada.com/showthread.php?t=991). I will post some of the audio install once I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Jgunt said:
Thanks for the help fellas. The harness worked great and surprisingly the factory speakers sound great. I installed a Kenwood KDC-MP628 deck w/ an Audiobahn A8000T mono sub amp pushing 2 Sony 12's. I also slapped on some Panther 22's the same day. Here are a few pics, (http://clubarmada.com/showthread.php?t=991). I will post some of the audio install once I get a chance.
Can you explain in a little more detail what you had to do. Did you put in the aftermarket deck and integrate the deck into the Bose system using the crutchfiled adapter? Was there any special wiring involved to do this? I just had my Armada install done and they said that the had to do a lot of things to integrate the bose. Please help on this, I am going to be pissed off if they cut wiring up to install my things when a simple adapter would work.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I know with my Armada 05 LE with Bose I had everything yanked out except the head unit. New wire was installed for the new speakers. I wanted to keep the exisitng head unit for stealth reasons as I have alot of other high end audio/video equipment being installed. If you use a high end DSP in your Mada you can keep the factory head unit and achieve some serious sound quality with very low signal to noise ratio which rivals some of the most high end aftermarket head units. My suggestion is if you are going to change out the speakers then it would be a good idea to pull new speaker wire and use high quality wire.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Did you notice when you replaced your Bose HU with a new one, the speakers are at louder level. I just replaced my Bose and the chirps and new navigation commands are very loud. Sounds like the Bose amp doesn't like that much input. Anyone know how to attenuate this?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
gspot35 said:
Did you notice when you replaced your Bose HU with a new one, the speakers are at louder level. I just replaced my Bose and the chirps and new navigation commands are very loud. Sounds like the Bose amp doesn't like that much input. Anyone know how to attenuate this?
I did not have the nav, but when the car install shop wired the aftermarket HU to the bose amp, they had to make sure that everything was at 4ohms going to the new HU, so my front speakers are louder then the rear. I think it is because the front has the extra center speaker and sub??? I am going to put the Alpine SPS-171A's in the front and rear for component speakers and run off of deck power for now. :clueless:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts