Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
174 Posts
I believe that poohdaddy was successful in changing out the Bose deck and using the stock speakers for now. How many speakers work, hopefully poohdaddy can answer...

I REALLY want to change out my Bose deck also, but I am unsure of how that will change the speaker capabilities since I have the stock DVD system. Does anyone know? Maybe I have to get certain decks with audio inputs?

· Premium Member
174 Posts
OH, my bad, I thought you had the Bose. The light at the end of the tunnel just turned off. LOL! Can anyone else help with the stupid Bose system?

I know that in my wife's 99TL with Bose, I just replaced the deck using and adapter harness and all speakers worked. I still haven't changed the Bose speakers out, but they all work fine. I was just hoping this was the case with the Armada. I haven't had an oppurtunity to pull a speaker out, but in the TL every speaker had two wires. Everyone I have spoken too just say the Bose head unit doesn't have power, it uses and external amp and runs the speakers at very low ohms (.5 I believe). They say that you can use the wires with no problem. If you are going to go high end stuff, they recommend that you pull more wires. Hope this helps!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.