Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what about putting in an aftermarket big brake kit would that stop all this commotion because i want to purcharse a qx56 and this so far is my biggest concern do you owners have any good remarks to tell to purchase one

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Any word on someone using the big brake kit ? I too would be interested.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
The Stillen Big Brake Kit is supposed to kick tail. If you are doing this as a premptive strike to avoid brake problems, I wouldn't worry. New QX56 and Armadas have the new brake parts, at least if they were built this May or newer. If you are looking new, just make sure you have the new parts and you will be fine.
If you want better brakes period, the kit is supposed to give a real boost to braking power. Some of the Titan guys love it. Only complaint they said is that the pads they use are a little on the autocross side. They need a couple stops to heat up a little to get max braking power.
Here's a link.
http://www.stillen.com/supertrucks_detail.asp?id=49472&main=1
They look sharp behind a good set of rims too. ;)

BTW, what is the QX competing with. I almost got one myself. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Stoptech also makes a kit but it's a little more aggresive, therefore more quiche. I really want to try any bbk but there so damn expensive.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Wow, this really sucks... My truck was built in April....and I had to go in for first brake fix at 2700 miles..

I missed it by one month? LMAO.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
toohigh13oi said:
what about putting in an aftermarket big brake kit would that stop all this commotion because i want to purcharse a qx56 and this so far is my biggest concern do you owners have any good remarks to tell to purchase one
Why spend all the extra money? You may not have any problems, but if you do Nissan will fix it. Instead of buying a aftermarket brake system, which will void your warranty on your brake system, you can buy a CAI, good catback system and a set of wheels. :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Permanent Brake Fix Wait List

So, I dropped off the Armada today for brake judder. I asked about getting the replacement rotors right off the bat and I am #8 on the waiting list. They say the shipments are sporadic, but no issues about putting me on the list. (this is the first turning) As soon as the parts are in they will be installed regardless of the current state of the brakes (whether they judder or not).

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Armoody,
How many miles do you have??

My truck is 05 and I got bad judder at 2700 miles...

As I said in another post, I did call Nissan USa, they called me back one day later to assure me that they contacted my dealer in Weston (Fla) and instructed them to add me to the list to receive new parts, also regardless of current condition when they arrive... sweet....

I do love this truck and once I have the new rotors, I will be very, very happy

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Lucked out today

At about 2200 miles could start to feel the start of the judder. Took it in around 3800, was getting steering wheel shakin bad. Though still stopping fine, just annoying, and can't really be good for the rest of the front end.
So I was going to be #8 on the list for the new rotors and I called to see how far along they were so I could maybe avoid a bit of traffic and they said, "well we just got some in and decided to put them on yours instead of turning your rotors and doing the temp fix" :) So they did that and turned the rears, and since the had all 4 tires off due to turning the rears I also asked them to rotate the tires. :awesome:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I'm gettin' Brembo cross-drilled and slotted rotors which will work with my OEM calipers and stuff. I hope this will increase my brake life...lmao

1 - 12 of 12 Posts