Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang,

2007 Armada - horn stops working. I troubleshoot it down to clockspring and purcahse one off of eBay for $20.

I do the swap, horn now works, and everything seems to be working great; UNTIL, I go for a drive a few days later and find the VDC kicking on when I turn. Steering Angle Sensor isn't working.

Problem and Question - I pull it apart to realize that the new clockspring isn't aligning with the original steering angle sensor. The insert in the aftermarket clockspring is too short and doesn't engage the teeth on the steering angle sensor.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thanks, Rick

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I saw other posts and YouTube videos on this same topic. I have fabricated a cheap fix that i would share for anyone else that has this problem. It isn't pretty, I made all the cuts by hand with the sole purpose of functionality.
Finger Hand Origami Paper Wax paper
Finger Hand Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery
Finger

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Very creative! Should put a Nissan logo on it, then you could put it on eBay for $350!!!!

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw other posts and YouTube videos on this same topic. I have fabricated a cheap fix that i would share for anyone else that has this problem. It isn't pretty, I made all the cuts by hand with the sole purpose of functionality.
View attachment 48654 View attachment 48659
I have no clue if you came up with this on your own or if you saw it elsewhere, but I thank you immensely for posting this little mod as it saved me tonight. I am a big part of the jeep community and am very active on those boards. I don't have to do a whole lot to the wife's Armada, but when I do this seems to be my best source of information, and for that I thank all of you Club Armada members!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - I came up with it on my own. I didn't see anyone that had posted a fix for this issue. I have done a little backyard fabricating and thought this would work.

Just for reference, I still have that Armada, drive it daily, and this fix has been flawless. Good Luck!

Rick

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I just ran into this issue. Bought cheap clock spring and it fixed everything, now the VDC issue. Took to shop to have sensor reset and they said it isn’t turning the sensor (I hadn’t noticed). What size coupler is that and any tips on marking/cutting for fit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello gang,

2007 Armada - horn stops working. I troubleshoot it down to clockspring and purcahse one off of eBay for $20.

I do the swap, horn now works, and everything seems to be working great; UNTIL, I go for a drive a few days later and find the VDC kicking on when I turn. Steering Angle Sensor isn't working.

Problem and Question - I pull it apart to realize that the new clockspring isn't aligning with the original steering angle sensor. The insert in the aftermarket clockspring is too short and doesn't engage the teeth on the steering angle sensor.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thanks, Rick
What size pvc did you use I've had the same problem

What size pvc did you use

1 - 8 of 8 Posts