Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have never delt with car DVD players before, so any help is appriciated.

Right now, I am trying to decide if I want to replace my HU with ether
this unit or
this unit

My other path is buying a remote DVD/MP3 player and hooking up an LCD display in the front and integrating it all with my factory HU. It would be safer (I could hide the LCD on the visor or something, the DVD player in the console), but it wouldn't give near the sound quality or expandability;

this unit or
this unit

Either way, the systems will be hooked up to a reverse cam and my factory rear LCD.

I can't decide! One is cheaper and safer, the other is much simpler and has better quality/expandability (Nav, TV tuner, surround sound, etc. etc.)

I do plan on replacing my dissapointing Bose system (what a pain) later on, possibly with surround sound, depending on what system I get.

Thanks for any advice!!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
If you are going to put the dvd in the console make sure it can be mounted vertical. I'm very happy with my blaupunkt ME3 for $155.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the sound quality from MP3's sound on your player? Is navigation fairly simple via an LCD screen? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
How does the sound quality from MP3's sound on your player? Is navigation fairly simple via an LCD screen? Thanks.
Tell you the truth I haven't put a mp3 disk in it. I'll give it a shot and see how it works. I assume when you say navigation you are talking about using the dvd player to get to the mp3 you want?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, yeah, sorry. I've talked to someone at Crutchfield and they are a bit confused too. I just want to see what I'm playing instead of just pressing Back and Next lookin' for a good song. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I popped in an old disk with mp3's I had laying around and it has a menu window that was straight forward to scroll through...sort of....I had some folders on the disk that I couldn't figure out how to access...need to probably find the owners manual.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I'm hoping this is the correct thread to pose my question and this thread is still active.

I have an aftermarket DVD player installed by the dealer (AD212 by Myron and Davis). But the sound quality sucks cause it's being pumped to the BOSE via an FM Modulator. Is there a way to directly connect into the Bose system for better sound quality?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
You can find a way to use the AUX port on the Bose so that your system would be "hard wired". I didn't want to use and FM modulator with my iPOD, but using the AUX port gives awesome sound. I believe that MACFLY had his aftermarket DVD system tied into the stock Bose using the AUX port. You may want to pose some questions to him about the install...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
GCFiend said:
Is there a way to directly connect into the Bose system for better sound quality?
Read this thread I have all the info you need there

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
llajumpvid and ARMADAinSMOKE

Thanks for your replies. This is exactly what I needed. I especially appreciate the link to the most precise explanation I've read posted by llajumpvid!! Awesome! You must be in the Audio\Video industry or your just damn good with research!! Either way it's most appreciated. Major props!! I'll forward the thread to the dealer 3rd party installer to see what kind of excuses he gives on why he can't do it :)

Squeeky wheel gets the oil...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
GCFiend said:
llajumpvid and ARMADAinSMOKE

I especially appreciate the link to the most precise explanation I've read posted by llajumpvid!! Awesome! You must be in the Audio\Video industry or your just damn good with research!!
Just did a lot of research....I went to two installer shops and they wanted to put in a fm transmitter to hook up the audio...not..especially for the $500 cartoys wanted for the install of my own equipment. I originally hooked up to the AUX jack and then found out that you can't get the audio from the aux to the rear controls so the headphones were useless. Worked with armadification (who is an electrical engineer) and together we figured out how to wire it.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
GEORGY83 said:
Has anybody checked out the Pioneer AVIC-N1. Heard it was pretty good and practically has everything built into it.
Thinking of this unit too. Any chance the remote controls (dash and rear) could work with it?

-mike

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
ok, since there is no reputable installer, I guess I can get smoked again, anyway does any one have a TV tuner, and How is the reception? :pullout:

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
ggeorgie said:
ok, since there is no reputable installer, I guess I can get smoked again, anyway does any one have a TV tuner, and How is the reception? :pullout:
heysorry guys did not mean pullout tongue smilies, something wrong with these smilies, I meant pullout hair. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
ggeorgie
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing