Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in Atlanta that has an aftermarket dvd that is hardwired into the factory head unit? I am not comfortable splicing into the hu myself. All the stereo shops in town say they don't know, and that scares the @#$% out of me. I was thinking of having it wired to the aux input, but saw a post by lljump that said it does not play to the rear audio ir. NEED HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
galaxy said:
Is there anyone in Atlanta that has an aftermarket dvd that is hardwired into the factory head unit? I am not comfortable splicing into the hu myself. All the stereo shops in town say they don't know, and that scares the @#$% out of me. I was thinking of having it wired to the aux input, but saw a post by lljump that said it does not play to the rear audio ir. NEED HELP!!!

Im In Sac, Cali and had two headrest monitors put in the other day. They hard wired to the head units AUX rather than an FM modulator. The audio plays fine in the front/rear, as well as the wireless headsets. The problem i am having is that the audio isnt that loud thru the factoery speakers. They are gonna put an amp to boost the sound a bit more.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Here's another option for you I think. Do some searching and you might find a better price. They don't list the Armada/titan but I did see another site that had the QX56. And I did see one site that said it doesn't work if you have the SAT button. I think it gives you two inputs which will come through the B and C radio.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
inputs

When wired to the aux input can you can use the factory ir for the rear headphones and listen to something else upfront? I am putting in the dvd player to keep the kids quiet and happy, which will make me and the wife happy. Also the 2 channel input box looks like a good option too, but the wife would like sat radio later. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The Aux only plays through the HU it won't play through the OEM IR rear controls. You could get an aftermarket transmitter. Look for a radio frequency vs. IR, the reception will be better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts