Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a dash kit to fit my "06 Armada. I've got an Alpine Head Unit that I wanna install, but everywhere I look, I can only find the bezel without the HVAC display. Anybody find one with the little display above the HVAC, or is there no such animal yet?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
kowboy said:
I've been searching for a dash kit to fit my "06 Armada. I've got an Alpine Head Unit that I wanna install, but everywhere I look, I can only find the bezel without the HVAC display. Anybody find one with the little display above the HVAC, or is there no such animal yet?
I checked, not yet
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris03HD said:
Like this? There are two on eBay today.. Type in "Nissan Armada Radio."

Yeah, i actually ordered one of those from ebay, just to see if i could butcher it and make it work. Well, I cut the rectangle for the display perfectly, but then, the rear-seat HVAC knobs didn't line-up! The '06's are about a half inch lower than the others. Sooo, I cut out the knob-holes, and made them bigger(figure i'd do a little fiberglass work and make it look good later), but then I noticed that the bottom clips on the bezel didn't go in far enough to actually catch on to the dash! :mad: At least i only wasted $19 plus $7 shipping.

The bottom line is, it aint gonna work. My local sound shop told me $350-$400 to fabricate and paint a custom bezel :rolleyes: . Not gonna happen! Soooo I guess for right now, I'm screwed. I'll roll with the factory radio until someone comes out with the right kit, or I take the plunge and try to fiberglass it myself - truthfully though, i'm not that talented! :)

Thanks guys, and if I find something, I'll let u know!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
There is a post on titantalk tonight (2/9/06) where someone cut their stock benzel to put in a double DIN. It looks really good. If you are not comfortable cutting it yourself have a custom install place do it. Probably wouldn't cost too much..they cut $hit up all the time so they are pretty good at making things look good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
llajumpvid said:
There is a post on titantalk tonight (2/9/06) where someone cut their stock benzel to put in a double DIN. It looks really good. If you are not comfortable cutting it yourself have a custom install place do it. Probably wouldn't cost too much..they cut $hit up all the time so they are pretty good at making things look good.
Yeah I thought about doing that too. He had WaaaaY too much trim showing though. I didn't really like it. If I could find a smaller trim piece and figure out how to install it flush with the bezel, I just may try it. I really don't wanna F up my factory bezel, but why not, huh? Anybody know how much a replacement one costs?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
kowboy said:
Yeah I thought about doing that too. He had WaaaaY too much trim showing though. I didn't really like it. If I could find a smaller trim piece and figure out how to install it flush with the bezel, I just may try it. I really don't wanna F up my factory bezel, but why not, huh? Anybody know how much a replacement one costs?
if you can wait for a while, best buy, circuit city, and crtchfield will have them (06) in stock. as for right now they only carry the 04-05 :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ggeorgie said:
if you can wait for a while, best buy, circuit city, and crtchfield will have them (06) in stock. as for right now they only carry the 04-05 :cool:

Yeah, looks like i might just have to do that(wait). Ya gotta wonder how long it's gonna take them though. Maybe I'll email the folks over at scosche, and metra and see what they say. Any other manufacturers that u can think of?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
kowboy said:
Yeah, i actually ordered one of those from ebay, just to see if i could butcher it and make it work. Well, I cut the rectangle for the display perfectly, but then, the rear-seat HVAC knobs didn't line-up! The '06's are about a half inch lower than the others. Sooo, I cut out the knob-holes, and made them bigger(figure i'd do a little fiberglass work and make it look good later), but then I noticed that the bottom clips on the bezel didn't go in far enough to actually catch on to the dash! :mad: At least i only wasted $19 plus $7 shipping.

The bottom line is, it aint gonna work. My local sound shop told me $350-$400 to fabricate and paint a custom bezel :rolleyes: . Not gonna happen! Soooo I guess for right now, I'm screwed. I'll roll with the factory radio until someone comes out with the right kit, or I take the plunge and try to fiberglass it myself - truthfully though, i'm not that talented! :)

Thanks guys, and if I find something, I'll let u know!
Have you looked into getting a JL Audio Clean Sweep? http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=79
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top