Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2010 QX56 with the Bose Navigation system. So far I have been making do with a cheap Bluetooth dongle off of Amazon, but I was considering wiring in simple single din stereo that I would tap to the aux audio input.

My plan is to mount the single din in an less obvious location, wire to 12v and output audio to the Bose Aux as well as running the microphone up the side trim. However I was wondering if anyone had any experience in using an aftermarket steering wheel control kit on the qx56 and if it is possible?

Was looking at a kit like this: PAC SWI-RC

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Check this thread for some info; for reference I have a 2007 Armada LE. I originally had an aftermarket steering wheel interface (Metra Axxess ASWC-1) but it never worked fully.

I went with an Android head unit which included the ability to utilize the OEM steering wheel controls without the need for a separate device. I admit there is a ~1 second delay when changing Spotify tracks but it works well.

If I were doing a single din I would look to see if it had the ability to do the controlling and it would just be a matter of hooking up the correct wires.

In the event you end up buying a head unit without the steering wheel controls built in, I would recommend you solder all connections as they are very sensitive to voltage changes (which is how it knows which command) and look into the harness I linked in my post regardless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have zero experience with your specific ask, but I too am running a BT to AUX setup. I'm waffling about going the GROM route that adds Apple/Android support and keeps the screen/controls OEM.

GROM Audio
I found this on the GROM site for the install manual for the Vline2 device. For whatever reason the steering wheel controls apparently do not carry over.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check this thread for some info; for reference I have a 2007 Armada LE. I originally had an aftermarket steering wheel interface (Metra Axxess ASWC-1) but it never worked fully.

I went with an Android head unit which included the ability to utilize the OEM steering wheel controls without the need for a separate device. I admit there is a ~1 second delay when changing Spotify tracks but it works well.

If I were doing a single din I would look to see if it had the ability to do the controlling and it would just be a matter of hooking up the correct wires.

In the event you end up buying a head unit without the steering wheel controls built in, I would recommend you solder all connections as they are very sensitive to voltage changes (which is how it knows which command) and look into the harness I linked in my post regardless.
Hey spta97, thank you for linking that thread. Unfortunately I have the integrated hvac/nav bose system which only complicates things. Is the harness the Scosche NN07B ? I am not sure if that would be compatible with the 2010 system.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Hey spta97, thank you for linking that thread. Unfortunately I have the integrated hvac/nav bose system which only complicates things. Is the harness the Scosche NN07B ? I am not sure if that would be compatible with the 2010 system.
I cannot be sure but I'm pretty sure that the harness would be the same for Bose (but would also require the line level converter.

Best thing is to take it out and have a look. If the wires match up to online pics of non-nav models (like mine) you should be in business.

Hopefully someone with similar options as you chimes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts